Friday, May 16, 2014

Five on Friday

This was a long work week

[[ ONE ]]

This past weekend I got to visit with some of my family in Winston Salem. My cousin has Cystic Fibrosis and every year we participate in the Great Strides Walk to help raise money to finding a cure for CF. For people who don't know what CF is - it is a life-threatening genetic disease that primarily affects the lungs and digestive system. We all gathered at the BB&T Ballpark in Winston and enjoyed some breakfast, did a lap around the stadium, ate some lunch and Timothy and I even took part in a hula-hoop contest! Overall it was a great day and I loved spending some time with my family and Timothy.




[[ TWO ]]

Sunday was Mother's Day and it was a hard day but I am so glad I got to spend it with my moms side of the family and my fabulous little sister. Mother's Day will never quite have the same meaning to me as it did in years past but having my sister there really kept me strong. We were able to go to church, cook out at my grandparents and even did a little shopping.




[[ THREE ]]

Wednesday these beautiful earrings finally arrived at my door. I have been wanting a pair of Kendra Scott earrings for awhile and finally decided to purchase some the other week. I love the color and I can't wait to wear them!



[[ FOUR ]]

This week I started training for a 20 mile hike I will be doing this coming October for Cystic Fibrosis. The Hike will take place at Hanging Rock State Park. It will be a tough challenge but I am determined to accomplish this goal. For more information check out this link about the Xtreme Hike

[[ FIVE ]]

Tonight some friends and I are cooking out! We are getting together with some of our close friends that moved to Charleston this past year that we don't get to see very often.


THE GOOD LIFE BLOG  
{{ darciaprilchristina & natasha }}


Love,
   ashley

4 comments :

Kristina @ Medicine and Manicures said...

Hi there, stopping by from the link-up! I'm loving those Kendra Scott earrings & have been eyeing the pink ones myself. Have a great day!

Kristina
medicineandmanicures.blogspot.com

Kelli @ A Deeper Joy said...

Love those earrings! Very cute! Good luck with training. I think I'd like hiking as opposed to running for one of those! Sounds like a blast and for a good cause!

The A Team said...

I take it your lost your mom? I am sorry to hear that. I hav e a little sister, too...we are the best of friends and every year we get closer.

Ashley Stephenson said...

Yes, I did. She passed away a little over a month ago. My sister and I were always close but since this has happened we have become a lot closer.