Saturday, December 13, 2014

OMG, Did I leave it on?!?!

We all have those OMG, did I leave my {insert item...straightener, curling iron, oven, etc} on!?!?!

Well I have these moments on a daily basis. Not even joking. The most OMG moments are with my straightener or curling iron, if my hair dryer could be dangerous left on I would probably have an OMG moment with that as well, but thank goodness it isn't.

Timothy is the one who experiences these freak out moments the most with me. He has learned to go behind me after I am done getting ready and make sure everything is unplugged..not because I don't unplug them but I get 5 minutes in the car and start questioning if I have turned off said equipment. Timothy wouldn't get so annoyed if every time I thought I didn't unplug my straightener or curling iron if I had actually not turned it off or unplugged it. 99.9% of the time that I force myself to turn around or run back into the house one more time to check, everything is off and unplugged. I think there has only been one time when I actually left one on and that was about a year ago and I have these moments almost every day. It got to the point where I was having to take pictures of my items unplugged and off for me to be sure I turned it off. It also got to the point where I didn't even want to do anything to my hair some days because I didn't want to have to worry if I turned it off.

Things like this make me so anxious and sometimes I can only focus on whether or not I unplugged it until I actually go back upstairs and check. Weird, I know but I guess it is because my worst fear is my house burning down and no one being able to save my little fur baby, Bailey.

Although this quality annoys me and everyone who must do a U-turn for me to go back to my house, I would rather be safe than sorry.

What are some things that make you anxious and nervous?


Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }

3 comments :

Meghan at Champagne & Suburbs said...

Hysterical! I do the same! I have to talk myself out of it too. xo

Joey Hodges said...

Uh girl. I'm constantly in a panic about what I left on--especially my hair tools. And I'm usually an hour + away from home when the thought strikes and I spend the rest of the weekend in a tizzy hoping I didn't burn the house down!

Lisa { Mom Wife Design Life Blog} said...

I always checked if doors are locked, Lights off, stove off!