Sunday, December 28, 2014

Party #1: Engagement Party

So when I posted about the Engagement Party in my Weekend Recap - I didn't get to share with you all the pictures and details of the party with you all, so I thought I would take the time and tell you about it.

We had our party on December 15th, 2014 at my grandparents beautiful home in Raleigh, NC. They went over and beyond my expectations for just a small get together with Timothy and I's families. We had a local catering company, Lee Fleming, come and cater the entire party and it was absolutely delicious. We also had some of my grandmother's closet friends bring some dishes as well.

So first let's talk about the food. There was so much food I didn't get to try everything. We had some good ole' southern ham biscuits, shrimp cocktail, beef, sausage dip inside tortilla chips, pork, chocolate brownies, cheesecake tarts, vegetable trays and meatballs. I found out it is very hard to eat while someone is throwing you a party. I think I filled up a plate about 3 times and took a bite and set it down to talk to someone and forgot about it.

It was so nice to finally have both of our families meet! We had about 40 people come and it was a great time! It started off a little slow, but that is to be expected. We knew our families wouldn't be best friends within the first 5 minutes but by the end everyone was mingling and talking.


This is Caroline, my 17 year old sister, her dad and her step mom. 

Madeline and I - her mom was my mom's best friend and her younger sister is Caroline's best friend. She drove all the way from DC to Raleigh to celebrate with us! 


Part of the Stephenson family. My soon to be Father-in-law and brother-in-laws and Timmy's dads girlfriend on the right next to his dad!


Some of the bridal party - just missing a few.
Back row - left to right: Cody, Warren, Matt, Timmy, Brandon & Jim
Front row - left to right: Brittany, Kaylee, Caroline, Me, Whitney & Erin


Some of the groomsmen - Cody, Warren, Matt, Timmy, Brandon & Jim


Some of the bridesmaids - Whitney, Brittany, Caroline, Me, Kaylee & Erin


Timmy with his future father-in-law and sister-in-law and my dad's girlfriend on the left next to Timmy.


The cousins. 


Caroline and I before the party.


My wonderful daddy.


BFF!


The future Mr. & Mrs. Stephenson



Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }

1 comment :

Unknown said...

Thanks to have a great blog, everyone will be in love with this blog writing surely because it has quality stuff. thebachelorscode.com