Friday, February 12, 2016

Book Review { The Wedding }


Awhile back in 2015 I began reading The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks, well I finally finished it after a whirwind of events. 

Synopsis: After thirty years of marriage, Wilson Lewis, son-in-law of Allie and Noah Calhoun (of The Notebook), is forced to admit that the romance has gone out of his marriage. Desperate to win back his wife, Jane’s, heart, he must figure out how to make her fall in love with him… again. Despite the shining example of Allie and Noah’s marriage, Wilson is himself a man unable to easily express his emotions. A successful estate attorney, he has provided well for his family, but now, with his daughter’s upcoming wedding, he is forced to face the fact that he and Jane have grown apart and he wonders if she even loves him anymore. Wilson is sure of one thing—his love for his wife has only deepened and intensified over the years. Now, with the memories of his in-laws’ magnificent fifty-year love affair as his guide, Wilson struggles to find his way back into the heart of the woman he adores.

I absolutely love all of Nicholas Sparks books that I have read, partly because I am a sucker for love stories and they all take place in my home state in cities I know very well. This book was no different. The Notebook is one of my favorite books and movies of all time, so I knew I had to read The Wedding because it incorporated lives after Noah and Allie's love story. 

Love stories always get me hooked but I found this one a little slow to read, but in the end I ended up loving it mainly because of the way the story ended. Majority of the book is about the wedding plans and this big surprise that will take place at Wilson & Jane's 30th anniversary. I was intrigued at the beginning because I kept thinking of ways the book might end and what the surprise might be and in the last chapter before it was confirmed I guessed it correctly.

The book particularly spoke to me as a newlywed, that I shouldn't fear that our marriage will be stale at some points; this book showed that no matter how stale a marriage gets as long as the two people involved in the marriage want to make it work with enough love and dedication to one another any relationship can bounce back.  

I would suggest this book to anyone who loves a good sappy love story, it will definitely make you cry and feel happy at the same time.



Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }

No comments :