Friday, April 15, 2016

Carnival Themed Birthday Party

Well, I successfully threw my best friend a carnival themed birthday party and it was a blast! But the clean up, not so much. But everything was worth it to see how happy she was!


Luckily we have a great party spot in our backyard. I have mentioned it before but we have a little building that was transformed into a little bar area where we have spent many many nights with many good friends. It is the ultimate party spot, so whenever I can I try and host a party there. Well with Brittany's 25th birthday last Thursday I wanted to give her a good birthday! But, it was going to be a surprise, well kind of. She knew we were doing something, she just didn't know what. She definitely didn't expect me to go all out and throw her a themed birthday party!







We cooked hot dogs, complete with the carnival hot dog trays, there was a popcorn bar, cupcakes, cookies and jell-o-shots!



I bought items for a photo booth and a thing to put your face in! I got all of this stuff at a decent price on amazon!




We had a few carnival games, bottle ring toss (I forgot to take a picture of it), a duck drinking game (you picked one and it told you what you had to drink) and balloon darts! There was even a pinata! 




There was about a group of 10 people that got there before Brittany did so we hung out for a little before she got there. When I knew she was on the way we went upstairs and I had everyone hide, I met Britt at the door and walked her into the kitchen where everyone was hiding and she was only surprised by 2 people because the others didn't pop out. So surprise ruined. haha. But how often does a surprise party go as planned? 






After we played around with the photo booth for a little and played some corn hole and ate some dinner, it was finally time to start my favorite part. Some of us decided to take Britt on a scavenger hunt. She would have to think back to some memories she shared with one of us and figure out who it was, go find them, take a jell-o-shot and then move on to the next person. I think she really enjoyed it and she got to think back to some good times! The best part was some people hid from her and her trying to find them was so funny!






Overall the night was so much fun! I am so glad we did a carnival themed party because it was a blast!! And now I can cross another thing off my  101 in 1001 list!


Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }
(This month's advertisement)

13 comments :

It’s Simply Lindsay said...

What a fun party idea! I can tell all the preparation you put into it, and it paid off. You seriously thought of everything!

Piper Ellice said...

This is soooo cute! Carnivals/fairs are like my favorite things ever. I want this theme for my 25th birthday in October!!
xoxo, www.piperellice.com

Ashley Stephenson said...

I got pretty much all the decorations on Amazon. I think I maybe spent like $60 on decorations!

Breakfast at Lillys said...

What a fun party! Such a clever idea :)

xoxo, Jenny

Anna said...

Your party looks like so much fun! Such a cool theme!

Unknown said...

what a fun idea! I love the gold letter balloons :)

Justine Y @ Little Dove said...

I love this theme for a party! All the photo booth stuff is so fun too! And what a great idea for a scavenger hunt, such a fun, personal touch. :)

Erlene said...

Awww...what a great party. Looks like everyone had lots of fun and I think the hide-n-seek part is super clever.

Unknown said...

Oh my what a fun time! I love hosting parties too!

Once Upon a Dollhouse said...

Love the CHEERS balloons. Your backyard is amazing.

The Lowcountry Mama said...

What a fun party idea!! The scavenger hunt with jello shots is pretty much the best idea ever

Sarah Ricker: Sarah Emily Blogs said...

This is so fun! The jell-o shot hunt is pretty clever! I loved themed parties!

Unknown said...

Aw your party looked amazing1 I love when someone puts so much effort in to theming and decorating for their celebrations. I love the jell-o shot scavenger hunt. Sounds like my kind of partayyy. :P

Christie's Take on Life. x