Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Book Review { Me Before You }


Synopsis: Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.
What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.
Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.
What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.


I loved this book. I saw tons of bloggers reading and saying so many good things about this book but it wasn't until I saw it was being made into a movie that I knew I had to read it. It was sitting on my to read list for a good few months and I am so glad I read it, I just wish I had read it before now! 

This love story wasn't your typical love story where boy meets girl, they fall in love and they live happily ever after; no it had complications and was trying at times but in the end their love story was epic. I think that is why I was so drawn into the book was because it wasn't the typical fairy tale and I loved that about it.

It is a teary eyed book and most likely you will cry, not at first but those emotions will come. From the beginning of the book I knew I was going to love the characters and they were so realistic it made reading about them so much easier. However, the story could be hard to read. The life decisions Will is making can be very controversial, but it in no way impacted what I thought of the book. I absolutely loved this book, like I said in the beginning! 5 out of 5 stars! Now go read this if you haven't already, definitely read it before you go see the movie!


Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }
(This month's advertisement)

1 comment :

Chesson | Magnolia+Main said...

This book has been on my to be read list for quite some time now... sounds like I might need to finally pick it up and read it!