Thursday, August 17, 2017

Paint Night

Y'all have you ever done a wine and design or a paint night with your girlfriends?? Well if you haven't you should! Last night I went to a Paint Night with one my best friends, Whitney, hosted at a local bar and it was a blast! This was my first time so I wasn't sure what to expect, but it exceeded all my expectations!

About a month or two ago I saw Whitney was interested in the event on Facebook and texted her immediately and said I wanted to go because I had never been before so we reserved our tickets, told the husbands and planned for a great girls night!


I had never done a paint night or a wine and design so I was a little nervous because I don't have an artistic side unlike my mom who was a painter. But if you have ever done a wine and design it is similar to this except this was hosted at a local bar/restaurant in Fuquay Varina and we had to buy our own drinks instead of bring a bottle of wine. Which was fine with me as long as I got to drink some wine while I painted. 


We walked in and all the canvas' were on easels and I got a little worried when I saw there were no outlines (Whitney had told me not to worry the drawing would be outlined), but it wasn't. So insert panic attack that my painting was going to look like a huge glob. But once we got started and the teacher walked us through the steps it eased my mind a little. As you paint, the instructor is also painting the same picture as you to show you the techniques you need to use to make your painting match hers. Having her paint the same picture really helped me, until I got to the blending part. That part wasn't so great for me. Luckily Whitney is an artist and helped me a lot, with the blending and with my palms on my palm tree. For some reason I just couldn't figure out how to make it not look like a big mess! 



Overall it was such a fun girls night! I have no idea where I am going to put this painting but I am glad I stepped out of my comfort zone to try something new! It will definitely be something I would do again! Hopefully soon!


Have you ever done a paint night?

Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }

11 comments :

Leslie said...

I want to do a wine and design so bad. I think they are so cool and hey who doesn't love a little wine right. I didn't know the instructor paints too, that is nifty. I have no drawing skills either, I can barely manage a smiley face however, this looks like a lot of fun!

Linh said...

I've never done this but have always wanted to try it especially for a little girl time with my besties.

Unknown said...

It sounds like a fun night! Your paintings turned out amazing!

Belle | www.OneAwesomeMomma.com

Yulissa said...

I have never done paint night! I need to do one! Your paintigs turned beautiful!

Marissa said...

What a fun night! I've always wanted to do this.

Sam, Editor of The Frosted Petticoat said...

Always wanted to go to one of these locations! You've inspired me!

Sam, Editor of The Frosted Petticoat said...

Always wanted to go to one of these locations! You've inspired me!

Anonymous said...

I love paint nights! They are such a fun way to get out and socialize but also be creative. You did a great job!

Unknown said...

Somehow I still have not done a paint night. I really want to do one thought because everyone's painting always comes out so beautiful. I love your palm tree painting.

Anonymous said...

This is cool! I haven't heard of this but I'll have to search it because it sounds like so much fun

Unknown said...

I LOVE paint nite, it's such a fun way to spend a night with your girl friends and I love getting to test out my creativity.