Monday, September 15, 2014

Weekend Recap

Well after some long planning and much anticipation Beer Olympics for Cystic Fibrosis is over. As most of you all know my fiance and I are going to be hiking 20 miles in October, you can read more about our adventure here. We have set a goal to raise $5,000 and decided what better way to raise money, spend time with our friends and have a good time other than Beer Olympics.

A few days before we were going to have Beer Olympics I had come to the conclusion I was just going to let things happen and not be very organized because lets face it - people are going to be drinking so after the first few games its going to be disorganized anyways. Well then Friday (the day before) I decided - no I want this to be organized and I got myself organized. I made a schedule of events and posted it on the facebook page, I made a list of all the people who said they were going to attend on an excel sheet and lastly I wrote out all the game rules and points for my sister and her friends (they were going to be the referees).

Saturday came and Timmy and I set up, he went and got the kegs and we were all prepared. People started showing up and we tapped the kegs. The party had started, but a little late we weren't sure if everyone was here that was coming so we waited a little while. Finally we split into teams - 5 teams of 4. We played the first game. Pitcher Suck. It was hard and nasty - too much beer to drink from a straw. Then we began to play beer pong and this is where it all went downhill. Remember I said that the day was probably going to get unorganized by some time of the day - well this is where it started. We had an uneven amount of teams and so we got confused and couldn't figure out how to score people and what not. It would have been easier if we had done 4 teams of 5 - I am not sure why we didn't think about that before. But by about the 4th round of beer pong I gave up and said people just play some games and drink some beer! It turned out to be okay. We all had fun and the next thing I know it was 10pm and everyone was gone (everyone got to my house at 1pm).

We went through about 50 hot dogs, a lot of solo cups and almost 2 kegs. Overall it was a great day and am so grateful to all the people who came out and helped raise money for Cystic Fibrosis!

Timmy and I are almost one month away from our big hike and we couldn't be more excited!


These were the 5 teams of 4!


And that is what I did this past weekend! Hope everyone has a great week! Hopefully this week will fly by! I am off to Charleston for a baptism on Thursday evening!


linking up with Biana for weekending!





No comments :