Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: Something Blue

Every one has heard the tradition when the bride is supposed to wear something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue. According to the knot it dates back to an Old English rhyme about four objects that are supposed to bring the bride good luck. Something old represents continuity; something new offers optimisms for the future; something borrowed symbolizes borrowed happiness; something blue stands for purity, love and fidelity.

Since I was little I always thought about this saying and couldn't wait to incorporate these items into my wedding day. I have thought about the new item I will wear, the old item and the borrowed item and many ideas pop into my head. But the something blue has stumped me a little - only because now there are so many ideas of how to incorporate this "something blue" idea into your wedding day.

Here are some fun and creative ways to wear something blue on your special day


Blue manicure or pedicure

Blue Shoes


A little blue bow hidden somewhere in your dress

Bottom of shoes blue

Blue heart sewn on from a shirt

Bridesmaid sign bottom of shoes in blue marker

Blue lingerie

What are some of yalls favorite "something blue" ideas?


No comments :