Monday, October 6, 2014

Weekending - First October Weekend


linking up with Biana for weekending!

Well, here is Monday again - the dreaded day. This past weekend was the first weekend of October and the first weekend we felt fall weather in North Carolina. I had one of the busiest weekends I have in a long while - it was the first weekend in about a month Timmy and I were in town and we were visited by my best friend from California, Chelsea. We had lots of things planned for the weekend - going out with high school friends, eating some at some of her favorite restaurants they don't have in LA, attending the Breast Cancer Walk and then going to a pig pickin' Saturday night. Luckily with all of these things planned we were able to squeeze in a couple hours for a nap - if we hadn't I don't think any of us would have made it to Saturday night.

Friday, Chelsea flew into town and that night we started off at her favorite restaurant for dinner - Kanki (which is a Japanese steakhouse). After we stuffed our faces we went over to our friends house and then met up with some of our closest friends from high school and went out to Raleigh Times Bar in downtown Raleigh.
After a long night Friday night, somehow we all managed to get up early Saturday morning and go to the Breast Cancer walk at North Hills. This was something my mom always loved to do so we all wanted to continue the tradition. It was a great morning and I am so thankful for the friends that came out with me.

The girls before the walk.

I don't know what I would do without him - he is seriously my rock.

My sister and I before the walk.

After the walk we went to Groucho's Deli. Which is the most delicious sandwich place ever - and I am not a huge sandwich fan. This was another one of Chelsea's requests and I am so glad she made m try it. Then we went back to my house to nap for a few hours before we went to Whitney's pig pickin'. Saturday night was full of all my best friends and good food and sangria! The fall weather finally decided to come and I couldn't be more excited for boot season and jackets.
Chelsea, Fayek and me - we have always been good friends since high school!




After a long weekend, Sunday was uneventful. Laid around and enjoyed the fall weather from my bed. However I did switch out my closet from summer clothes to fall clothes but that is about the most productive I got all day. Hope you all had a fantastic weekend as well, and here is to another work week! 












1 comment :

Meghan at Champagne & Suburbs said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I've never been to Groucho's but I definitely hear good things. I just added it to my list of places to try. xo