Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Bride Q & A: Lauren

It is Wedding Wednesday again and Lauren over at Genuinely Lauren  sharing some great advice for future brides out there! 



When did you get married?

My husband, Blake and I got married on March 14, 2014. Only 4 months after we got engaged.

How did he propose? Did you expect it?

I have to hand it to my husband, he got an A+ on how he proposed. You can read the whole thing here. But here's the cliff notes version. We were in a long distance relationship, I was at school in Illinois and he lived in Missouri. He was leaving for boot camp for the Air Force in the middle of November, so he was visiting me for 10 long days. On a Wednesday, I went out to dinner with one of my friends at Chipotle, not thinking anything different because it's Chipotle. When my roommate from the year prior showed up (who also graduated!). After the whole "what are you doing here?" thing she gave me a letter addressed to me saying that I was going on a scavenger hunt. I was completely caught off guard! So, I went to all of my favorite places on campus where at each location was another one of my friends with another letter! The scavenger hunt ended at my sorority house where Blake was and he proposed to me in front of all of my friends and everyone else that was studying in the kitchen. And obviously I said yes :)




 Was there any drama in your wedding party?

I wouldn't say there was any drama per-say. But, there was a little bit in the beginning of the wedding planning and that was kinda all on me. It all had to do with asking some of my bridesmaids to be in the wedding and I didn't tend to their feelings. It was completely my bad and I take full responsibility on that one. Planning a wedding in a short amount of time, while being a full-time student, kinda got the best of me.




 What was your color scheme and how did you choose it?

Our colors were navy blue and tan/nude. Originally I wanted to have a baby blue/tiffany blue color but since my wedding was in March, it wasn't exactly ideal to find dresses for the bridesmaids. And also there are just so many shades of baby blue it would've been hard to get everyone to match. I ended up with navy because it was easier to match up with Blake's dress blues since he was wearing them for the ceremony, and you can't really mess up navy.

If you could do one thing differently, what would you do?

Honestly, with how quickly we planned the wedding (only 6 weeks!), I am extremely surprised with how well it turned out. I would say the only thing I would change would be to have the ceremony outside. But, Illinois weather in March wasn't exactly in my favor. If anything I really wanted pictures outside but it was extremely windy.




 What’s your best piece of advice for future brides?

ASK. FOR. HELP. No matter what it is. Whether it be helping with centerpieces, decorations, checking out venues, or just needing a general sound board, a lot of people are willing to help you.


People are going to have opinions. I know a lot of people had their opinions when it came to my wedding. But you need to not pay any mind to what they're saying. This is your day, well I guess you husband's too, but mostly yours. This is the beginning of a new chapter in your life. Have the wedding how you want it to be. Whether it be laid back or the whole shebang. Don't settle on anything if it's not what your vision is. But most importantly, relax on your day. Don't sweat the little details. Remember every single second. Because before you know it, it will be over and you will be starting your new life together and living vicariously through your pictures. I know I do.


Thank you Lauren for sharing your special day with us! Next week we will have Marquis from Simply Clarke to tell us about her special day with her husband!

Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }

If you all have any questions or would like to be featured in the wedding series, please email me at ashleychase011@gmail.com




2 comments :

P!nky said...

What a great post and series! I was a bride in 2013 and would love to participate, if you need people!

Lauren, your colors were beautiful and wow can't believe you planned everything so quickly. We had a shorter engagement, six months, but yours beats ours by a lot!

Emily @ Martinis | Bikinis said...

Cute engagement story! A+ indeed!