Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Bride Q & A: Erin



When is your wedding?


May 24, 2015


Tell us about the proposal!


Dave did such an amazing job on the proposal! He and I graduated college together, and he proposed at our graduation party. In the past, for large gifts, he’s set up a scavenger hunt for me. He did something similar, where friends and family would have the clues. The final clue led me to him, where he was waiting on one knee!


How did you meet your fiance?


I met Dave through a friend of mine when Dave got a job working with him.




What has been the most stressful part of the wedding planning process?


It’s definitely been the guest list. We want to please everyone, especially our parents, so it was difficult to decide where to draw the line.


Which vendor are you most invested in?


I was most concerned with having a great caterer and great photographer. When I think of guests I’ve been a wedding at, I always remember the ones that had excellent food and drinks. The photographer was also important because those photos are the mementos that are going to hang in our home for the rest of our lives.


Which vendor are you most excited about?


I’m excited to see our DJ in action. He has an awesome personality and he and Dave had a lot in common when we met him for the first time, so I think he’s going to make the reception a lot of fun.


How has your fiance been during the wedding planning process? Helpful or more hands off?


He’s been amazing! As far as how hands-on, it depends on the task. I spent a ton of time researching vendors. He helped me decide when I had narrowed it down to just a few. He made the final decision on the venue and menu. He’s gone to every appointment with me, except dress shopping!





Have you done any DIY for the wedding, or plan to?


I’ve done some DIY. I bought silk flowers and my mom and I made the bouquets and corsages. I also made our card box. I designed our Save the Date cards and invitations and had then printed at a local printer.


Do you have your something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue? If so what do you have?


Sort of! All of my attire will be new. The necklace I’ll be wearing belonged to my late aunt, so that is my something old. My shoes will be blue. All I’m missing is something borrowed!


What are you most excited about marriage?


I’m so excited for the different milestones Dave and I are going to go through together. Despite being together for years, the major milestones are all still ahead of us! The idea of someday buying a house, starting a business, having kids, etc is a million times more exciting knowing Dave will be doing it right alongside me!





Any advice for future brides?


Try not to stress yourself out any more than necessary. Yes, wedding planning can be stressful. I know I’ve had stressful moments. But so often brides overthink things and freak out over nothing. Ultimately you just have to trust that everything is going to turn out alright!


The other thing I would recommend is a long engagement for younger couples. Dave and I will have been engaged two years when we get married. It gave us plenty of time to save up and take our time planning, ultimately saving us a lot of stress.


____________________________________________________________________

Erin, thank you so much for sharing with us your wedding planning tips and experiences! I am 100% with you on a long engagement! My fiance and I will have been engaged for 16 months when we get married! Good luck! And less than a month away from the big day!

If you would like to be featured in the series, go here!




7 comments :

Anonymous said...

If this is a repeat I apologize. I can't see my comment from before.

But Erin you and your beau look great together! So happy! Our focus on our wedding definitely was the photographer and food also. To this day all our friends comment on how beautiful the venue was, how amazing the food tasted! Our photographer didn't necessarily please the parents (because of her style - her talent was never questioned) but in the end we reasoned the hubs and I would be the ones looking at the pictures forever. So it only mattered how they looked to us! :) Good luck with the planning, but looks like you've got it all under control!

Justine Y @ Little Dove said...

Eek! It's coming up so soon, how exciting! I definitely agree about the photographer! So important to have good quality pictures to remember that day by! And the guest list can be hard, for exactly the same reason you said, totally agree.

Anonymous said...

Aw yay! Glad to see you two collaborated. I love Erin's blog! She actually went to the same college where I'm completing my Master's. So excited for her.

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Making the card box was one of my favorite things when I planned our wedding!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Your wedding sounds amazing :) You happen to be getting married on my daughter's 7th birthday! We both have reasons to celebrate that day! Sammi | Grounded & Surrounded

Very Erin said...

Ashley, thank you so much for featuring me in this series! I LOVE reading about other bloggers' wedding planning, so I can't wait to see who else you feature! :D

Unknown said...

That proposal sounds perfect! Very thoughtful :)