Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Book Review { Something Blue Review }




If you have ever heard of Emily Giffin, you have probably heard nothing but wonderful things about her writing! This is the second book of hers that I have read and it won't be the last!

I just recently finished Something Borrowed and a few weeks ago I just finished the sequel to Something Borrowed, Something Blue. If you read my review on Something Borrowed you see that it is told by one of the main characters Rachel and is about her relationship with her best friend Darcy and then ultimately her intimate relationship with Darcy's fiance, Dex.

At first I wasn't able to get into this book, I wasn't a huge fan of Darcy in Something Borrowed but I wanted to find out how everything ended, so I sucked it up and continued reading. It wasn't until a little over halfway I really started getting into it. 

Something Blue is told in the perspective of Darcy, In the first book, Darcy is spoiled and always the center of attention. After Darcy finds out Dex and Rachel are together and that Darcy is pregnant with another man's baby she decides to move to London to try and recreate her perfect lifestyle that she had in New York. She stays with her elementary school friend, Ethan, who ultimately helps her realize how messed up her outlook on the world is and helps her turn her life around before she brings life into the world.

Darcy must face people she has hurt in the past and change for the better if she wants to live a life of forgiveness and true love. Will she finally find true love or will be a single parent living in a different country with no support system?




Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }

4 comments :

Alana Livingston said...

Love love love! Have you watched the movie for something borrowed yet? It is pretty good! Is baby proof up next?

Kaitlin said...

I really like Emily Giffin books too, but this one also took me awhile to get into. I did really like Baby Proof though!!

Nadine said...

I haven't read any of her books yet but I found Baby Proof at the thrift store for $1, so I will be diving in to that soon!

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

Loooooved this book! It was hard for me to get into at first because of how I felt about Darcy in the first book, but my opinion of her really changed throughout this one. Hoping they make this one into a movie too as Kate Hudson was the perfect Darcy!