Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Stuffed Shells


Anything Italian is a favorite in our house! I have always made manicotti, but hated making it because it was always a pain and the pasta would always come unrolled. So I wanted to try something different but the same concept. After making this Stuffed Shells recipe I will never make manicotti again, this was so much easier!


You will need...
1 box of jumbo shells
Cooking spray
Ricotta cheese (it will really depend on how much ricotta cheese you need by how much you fill the shells)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1-2 eggs
1-2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
Jar of marinara sauce

*I tweaked the recipe a little by adding more marinara sauce and more mozzarella cheese

Preheat over to 350 degrees.
Boil water and cook shells and drain.
Spray shells with cooking spray to avoid from sticking and place on cookie sheet to cool.
Mix ricotta cheese (I used one large tub of Ricoatta cheese), egg, Italian seasoning & 2 cups mozzarella cheese
Spray casserole dish with cooking spray and fill shells with cheese mixture.
Pour marinara sauce over shells, I put more marinara sauce on them at the end because the 1 cup didn't seem like enough.
Sprinkle extra mozzarella cheese over shells.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes.

(I ended up doubling this recipe and cooked 2 boxes of jumbo shells and made another ricotta cheese mixture. This served 7 people with about half a box of shells leftover)



Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }
(This month's advertisement)

12 comments :

Unknown said...

I've never made stuffed shells before. This post makes me believe I can do it! I am also on my way to visit family and night make this for them one night!

Unknown said...

I've never made stuffed shells before. This post makes me believe I can do it! I am also on my way to visit family and night make this for them one night!

kiara catanzaro said...

Stuffed shells are a great go-to recipe for busy days! Love this and thanks so much for sharing!

Leslie said...

I looooove stuffed shells.. I use turkey in mine, I don't eat a lot of red meat. These look tasty & I'm hungry! Hah.

UrbanBeachBaby said...

YUM! This looks impressive yet simple. I can't wait to try this recipe!

Unknown said...

I have never made stuffed shells before but the recipes I always see for them look so good! I will have to try making some because it looks so easy and quick.

Neely said...

This sounds like the perfect dinner!

Sarah Ricker: Sarah Emily Blogs said...

Yum! Stuffed shells are one of John's favorites! I will have to add this to our recipe list!

Nicole | Pharr Away said...

I can never find jumbo shells! I'm a huge fan of Italian food as well; with past dishes topping the list. This sounds so yummy and simple. A must try...if I could just figure out where to buy those darn shells, lol!

Lexi said...

Stuffed shells are the best thing ever! I've never made them myself, I've always made my mom make them and then I'd take leftovers home. I'm going to have to try it now!

Being Leanna said...

Yummm, this looks amazing. Any pasta dish with ricotta in it and I'm on board.

Stephanie Chalk said...

I've been looking for a stuffed shell recipe, this is my favorite meal! I can't wait to try them! Xo, Stephanie