I have a continuous monthly goal to reach 10,000 a certain amount of days per week, so I am always looking for ways to add in some extra steps. I work at a desk from 8-5 Monday-Friday and try to get up and walk around as much as possible but on busy days I leave work at 5pm with only about 3,000-4,000 steps- meaning I am going to have to work that much harder and longer at the gym to reach my goal of 10,000 steps.
I do a lot of FitBit (add me as a friend!) challenges and still love my FitBit as much as I did the day I got it because it challenges me to get in more steps. When I first got my FitBit I wrote a post Why My FitBit Owns Me and it is still true to this day! Since I am always trying to find ways to reach my 10K goal of steps each day, as I am sure we all are, I have complied a list of ways to earn some extra steps throughout the day!
- While brushing your teeth, pace back and forth
- Park at the back of the parking lot instead of the spot closets to the door
- Set your timer to get up and walk around every 30 minutes
- Take after dinner walks
- When emptying the dishwasher take each dish out at one time and put in its place so you are walking more
- During TV commercials run in place
- Use the farthest bathroom away
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
- Clean your house
Do you have a FitBit or activity tracker? How do you sneak in ways to get your 10,000 steps?
Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!