My MOH and I have been best friends since the 7th grade, however we have known each other since the 4th grade. She is my other half, my Christina to my Meredith, the person that holds me together. I don't know what I would do without her and I am not sure how I would have planned all the wedding things without her. She was there for me when I would blow up her phone while she was at work with all the wedding ideas and she was there for me when I came home crying from an appointment - she was there through it all.
Leslie has always been a great public speaker, so I wasn't worried about her speech at all. She has her life together so I knew her speech was going to be pretty amazing, but never in a million years would I have thought it would have been this good. She got some major points from EVERYONE in the room. Still to this day I have people coming up to me saying how good of a speech Leslie made. So here it is! (I know it will make me cry again!)
Hi everyone. My name is Leslie. I am so happy to be here tonight to celebrate the wedding of my best friend Ashley, to her new husband Timmy. Congratulations to both of you on this beautiful wedding.
I know how much time and effort you both put in to planning tonight and it was well worth it because every detail about today has been perfect. And of course, Ashley you look absolutely stunning tonight. Timmy you are one lucky man!
Ashley and I met back in fourth grade. We weren't exactly friends at first, but after a few years we became inseparable. I am honored to still be one of your closest friends and be able to celebrate with you on this special day. Now, typically the Maid of Honor gives marriage advice. Well, I am no expert on marriage, but I am an expert on Ashley. I know that Timmy will not only be your husband, but your new best friend. So Timmy, I would like to share some insight from Ashley's very old best friend to her new best friend.
1. Back in our senior year of high school the looming question everyday was "Leslieeeee where are we going to eattt?" - Timmy Ashley can be very indecisive about what she wants to eat, so to prevent any mealtime arguments just remember that she loves stoffers mac and cheese.
2. Ashley loves to document her memories by taking lots of pictures. Don't argue with it Timmy, just let them happen.
3. Timmy, a word of warning, Never and I mean NEVER interrupt Ashley when she is telling a story.
4. If you ever get tired of her talking, just send her out for shopping with some friends. But only if you can handle your home becoming filled with more pink and Lilly Pulitzer.
5. Most importantly. When Ashley becomes friends with someone she will stay friends with them from that moment on. Be prepared to be surrounded by us fro the rest of your life.
Timmy you are now prepared for all that lies ahead. You have chosen a wonderful woman to be your wife and all that I ask is that you take good care of her and always keep her laughing.
And to Ashley, thank you for being such a wonderful friend. I love your infectious laugh, open heart and brutal honesty. Always remember that I, along with the rest of your friends and family, will always be here to support you.
Everyone, please raise your glasses to Ashley and Timmy. May the happiness you have tonight only be the start of a wonderful life ahead.
Missed some of my other wedding posts? Check them all out here!
next week: father of the bride speech
Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!