Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Book Review { The Girl On The Train }


Synopsis: EVERY DAY THE SAME
Rachel takes the same commuter train every morning and night. Every day she rattles down the track, flashes past a stretch of cozy suburban homes, and stops at the signal that allows her to daily watch the same couple breakfasting on their deck. She’s even started to feel like she knows them. Jess and Jason, she calls them. Their life—as she sees it—is perfect. Not unlike the life she recently lost.

UNTIL TODAY
And then she sees something shocking. It’s only a minute until the train moves on, but it’s enough. Now everything’s changed. Unable to keep it to herself, Rachel goes to the police. But is she really as unreliable as they say? Soon she is deeply entangled not only in the investigation but in the lives of everyone involved. Has she done more harm than good?

My thoughts: I really enjoyed Gone Girl, so I knew I would love this book too! And I did! The Girl on the Train was an exciting page turner, the author took you down scenarios that you really believed and then were shocked to see how it ended. Hawkins kept me guessing at who the murderer was and how the murder took place.

The story is told in 3 perspectives, the ex-wife, the current wife and the missing girl. At one point in the book you feel like you know all the characters pretty, well but then Hawkins throws a twist in there and you realize no one in the book is innocent; they all have their secrets. Which I think made for a really interesting book.

I have been wanting to read this book for a long time, it has been sitting on my "to-read" list for months. But as soon as I saw they were making a movie I knew I had to read it before I saw the movie. I have heard mixed opinions about the movie, but I enjoyed the book so much I can't wait to see how the movie turned out!




Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }
(This month's advertisement)

No comments :