Friday, June 15, 2018

Get to Know the Blogger | Madii Turvey

How has everyone's week been? My week has been super busy and I have been super unmotivated at work, but thankfully it is Friday and the weekend will soon be here! Today, we have another blogger on Girl Talk sharing a little about herself!  Madii Turvey is a blogger I just recently found and have loved getting to know her a little better! I hope you all will enjoy getting to know her a little better as well!


Madii is from a small town in British Columbia, Canada! She is a young mom to a wonderful little boy. How cute is he?? 


What is the name of your blog and the story behind your blog name?
My blog name is my name! Madii Turvey. I chose it because
1) my blog is all about me & my life!
2) I’m not very good at coming up with names :p

Why did you start blogging?
I first started out with blog about weddings, as I had recently become a certified wedding Consultant. I didn’t want to just write about weddings so I started my own site for recipes and lifestyle. Another reason is I am a stay at home mother, and yes, sometimes I was a bit bored. I’ve always loved to read blogs so I made my own and I love doing it!

What is your favorite topic to blog about?
I love doing recipe posts! I’ve always had such a passion for cooking and baking. Another favourite topic of mine is my series of monthly favourites! It’s a series where I write about, usually 10, of my favourite products, recipes, fashion items etc...

How do you find inspiration for blog posts?
Pinterest is such an amazing site for blog topics! Another way I find inspiration is from Facebook blogging groups! After I joined a couple of these groups I’ve been super motivated to continue with my blog, some of the ladies on there have such good post ideas!

Do you have a favorite post from your blog?
Yes! My favourite is my  sons birth story. It was a very insane experience for me and I was so happy to be able to write all about it! 

What is your favorite social media website?
​I love Pinterest! It’s such a fun way to find inspiration for blog posts, Instagram posts, diys and so much more! I specifically use it for finding blog topics and party ideas!

To take blog pictures, do you use a real camera or your camera on your phone?
I use both! Mostly my Canon Rebel T3i though. I use my phone if I don’t have my camera handy.

What is your favorite blog to read?
Jillian Harris is my favourite! I am obsessed with all of her social media’s and her blog posts. She always has such amazing content, her recipes are to die for!

What type of blog posts do you enjoy reading the most?
I love recipes! There’s so many different things we can make and I think it’s fun to see the choices! I also love anything on mommy blogs!

What advice would you give to someone starting a new blog?
BE PATIENT! It does take time, it won’t happen overnight. When I first started I was thinking I could share it on a site and get hundreds of views right away, so not the case! It takes patience and dedication to create a blog that will get views!

What is your favorite way to spend your free time?
I love spending my free time with my little family. If we’ve had a long week we like to spend most of our day watching Netflix or out in the backyard if it’s nice!

Do you have any pets? If so, what kind and what are their names?
I have two cats, ones a tabby named Sam and the other is a white and orange cat named Leo! Hopefully we can get a dog sometime in the near future!

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
That really depends! Currently, I love where we live. A nice small town where mostly everyone knows each other is such an awesome thing. I do want to spend some time in New York City though. I visited in 2014 and I can’t wait to go back. Switzerland could be nice too!

If you could only wear one beauty product a day for the rest of your life, what product would it be?
An eyebrow pencil!! I hate that my eyebrows are so much lighter than my hair, so that would definitely be the product!

Connect with Madii!

Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }

4 comments :

Laura said...

Oh my gosh I didn’t know you were a certified wedding consultant I think that’s amazing you and your son are so cute and I can’t wait to follow your blog and keep up-to-date with all of your blog post and stories welcome to the blogging world!!!

Indya | The Small Adventurer said...

It's SO much fun to read about the bloggers behind the blogs! I also love baking and whipping up things in the kitchen, so I'll have to check out her blog! ☺️

Helen said...

Thanks for introducing us to Madii! I love getting to meet new bloggers. I'm going to check out her blog right now!

Anonymous said...

Awesome thought. The quick COVID-19 relief package gave was less against the measures reported under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, in the present arrangement of five declarations. The immediate and quick help under the PM Garib Kalyan Yojana was proportionate to Rs 1 lakh crore, the new bundle of declarations has a peripheral total of generally Rs 65,000 crore, which is 0.5 percent of the general number.