Sunday, January 25, 2015

Step Up Sunday #1


Today is the first Sunday link up for Step Up Sunday with RebekahKathy and Britt. Basically it is a link up to keep people motivated about losing weight and I think it is going to help me stay accountable! I mean I have a wedding in about 10 months and I need to lose some weight! I am writing this on Friday afternoon because I do not think I will have a chance to finish this post by Sunday, but I will update it as soon as I get back to a computer Monday morning.

1. How many pounds did you gain or lose?
-I have been staying around the same weight for quite some time. Fluctuating up and down, hopefully that will start to change. But this week I gained 0.26lb - the way I find my weight is weighing myself each morning and then dividing it by the days of the week. It gives me an overall average weight. Because let's be honest there are some days you want to eat that extra slice of pizza or some days you just want a salad, doing the average helps me balance it out.  


2. Your weekly exercise or step goal, and did you meet it?

- I have a few weekly/monthly goals. My monthly goal of exercise is to log 60 miles in the gym each month. As of last Sunday (1/18) I had logged a total of 27.54 miles in the gym in 2 weeks. So I really need to step it up, as I still had 32.46 miles left and only 2 weeks left. My goal for this past week was to try and get 15 miles in at the gym well I was SO close. I ended up with 13.98 miles logged at the gym this week totaling my monthly miles at 41.55, leaving just one week to complete my goal. I will have to push myself extra hard next week at the gym - my goal will be 18.45 miles, if I reach that goal I will have reached my goal of 60 miles in a month!

-I also have a FitBit Flex which tracks my steps and my goal is to get 70,000 steps for the week. (will update Monday morning)

Sunday - 4,971 steps = LAZY DAY ;)
Monday- 13,853 steps
Tuesday- 7,435
Wednesday- 16,202
Thursday-12,935
Friday- 4,365
Saturday- 7,541

=67,302 steps

3. What was your biggest challenge this week?
Getting my butt into the gym. I was just so lazy this week and really only felt motivated to go one day, but I forced myself to go 3 days during the week. Hopefully next week I can be more motivated!


4. What is your favorite healthy snack or meal?

I just recently got back into loving my Bananas so I am eating one a day!


5. Do you have any advice or tips for the rest of us?

Just stay positive and don't let an off week get you down. I didn't lose any weight this week but I am not going to give up on my overall goal of getting into shape and losing weight. I am wanting to lose about 20lbs from the weight I am now and I am giving myself until August to lose it, of course I would like to lose it before then but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Good luck on your goal!




Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }

11 comments :

M said...

This is awesome! I took a really long walk this weekend and felt SO good afterward! Keep up all the hard work! =)

Nina Robinson said...

Great job, you've been working so hard!
I love the idea of a monthly mileage goal. I might adopt that one as well, it's much more forgiving than aiming for daily goals, since you can always make up a lazy day later in the week :)

Unknown said...

I love this link up!! My fitbit is dead.. and I need to find my charger.. I love tracking my steps!! I'm on weight watchers & it syncs up with that so it makes it super easy!!

Unknown said...

The monthly mileage goal is such a good idea! I want to run my first 5k soon! I think that might help me train for it! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Holy steps! Good work, keep it up :) You will be so glad on your wedding day when it's one less thing to worry about.

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

Bananas with almond butter are my fave way to start the day! I sent my husband to the store for bananas and almond butter, and he came back with just almond butter because he clearly can't read a list. I was craving bananas for the next couple days until I finally got my hands on some bananas!
And, great job! Keep on being positive.

Shenine joon said...

This is a really cool link up and I think the way you set your goals for the gym and steps is awesome and I think I want to copy your idea. Setting a goal each month and making it public really does help you stay accountable...its scary though too ;)

Nikki said...

Keep up your hard work!! I've been struggling but I have been taking out my dog 3 - 4 times for a walk now instead of just letting him out in our backyard

Kimberly said...

I believe that you can achieve your goal. You have the will and the power to make your desire a reality. Congrats on your upcoming nuptials.

Rebekah @ The Straight Arrow said...

Thank you so much for joining us for the linkup! Your positivity is contagious! I can't wait to watch your progress!

Britt Hanson said...

Thanks for linking up with us! I hope you continue to do so! I think it's so important to remember to not let an off week get you down :) Last week was pretty bad for me too, but I'm up and at 'em again! :)