Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Tips for Staying Healthy During the Holiday Season

We all know with the Holiday season fast approaching, it can be easy to fall into a slump of our healthy or clean eating. I know for me after Thanksgiving hits my diet is usually out the door until the New Year because it seems like I have one holiday party after the other and I just can't seem to keep my diet on track!

Well, this year I am determined to not let me fall into slumps and I am hoping to stay eating healthy on days and nights I don't have a holiday party or am tempted to eat really bad. So I have put together a little list of tips on how to stay healthy during the holiday season and I hope they help you!

one // water
Holiday season or not, water should always be consumed and it large amounts. I rarely drink anything other than water so I am usually drinking well over the recommended amount but if you aren't you should work on that [there are tons of apps out there to help you track your water intake ]. Water not only flushes out toxins in your body, if you are feeling hungry drink a glass of water and majority of the time it will calm your hunger. I definitely do this at holiday parties to keep me from snacking on unneeded sweets!

two // plan ahead
This is probably one of the most important tips you could take from this post. Planning ahead not only allows you to schedule work outs but it also puts into perspective how often you will be eating out or have parties to go to. For instance, Wednesday night you have a dinner party to go to with lots of sweets and wine - maybe on Tuesday don't plan to go out to eat - eat something healthy at the house or add an extra work out into your week.

three // gym
Just because Christmas is coming doesn't mean you need to forget about the gym. Yes you may be very busy, but your health is the most important. Grab a quick little work out 3 or 4 times a week and maintain a work out routine. It will be a lot easier to keep your work out goals in the new year if you aren't starting from scratch in January!

How do you maintain a healthy lifestyle through the holidays?



Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }

8 comments :

Helen said...

Ugh! I'm the worst about keeping up and staying healthy during the holidays. These are great tips to stay motivated.

Unknown said...

These are such great tips! I find that it's so hard to stay healthy during the holidays but I will absolutely keep these in mind!

Belle | www.OneAwesomeMomma.com

Unknown said...

I'm onboard with all of these but especially planning ahead! Drinking water too but def planning ahead!

Holly said...

Girl, I SO needed this post! It's only November and I've already been binging on Halloween candy like crazy...hopefully these tips will help get me back on track! xx

http://hollyhabeck.com

Summer @ Coffee With Summer said...

Remembering to drink enough water is a constantly goal of mine haha especially during the busy seasons!

Joscelyn said...

Such timely info! I have the hardest time during the holidays because I just want to eat ALL the food! These tips will totally help!

Unknown said...

These are great tips! I'm actually working on a post right now on tips to stay healthy during the holidays because this girl struggles. (give me all the food!)

Unknown said...

I definitely need to drink more water! Hopefully I can get on track with that!