Sunday, October 26, 2014

Let's Go to the Fair

The Fair has come and gone and I somehow got away with only have to go one time. See I have a love/hate relationship with the fair. I love it but I also hate it. But no matter how much you dread going to the fair, you gotta go! I don't think there has been a year when I haven't gone to the fair. Let's look at some of the reasons why I love the fair and some of the reasons why I hate the fair.

Why I LOVE the Fair

//People Watching
People watching is the absolute best. I don't ride the rides so while the people I am with are riding the rides I will find myself a corner and just watch. It is amazing some of the types of people you see out at the fair and the outfits they wear. I even saw one girl in high heels this past weekend at the fair...girl, you are crazy. No way you will get me in anything other than uggs, wallabees or cowgirl boots out at the fair. Just give me a bench and some food and I will be set, maybe a set of binoculars so I don't have to squint so hard.

//Lemonade
Whoever goes with me better be ready for constant bathroom breaks and lemonade breaks. I LOVE the lemonade at the fair. It is the perfect sweetness and sourness for a perfect lemonade. Luckily for me, after you buy one of the big cups for about $5 after that each refill is only a $1


//Announcer at Church Restaurants
This is one of my favorite things. I have no idea which restaurant it is coming from but if you are by the restaurants where all the Church's serve the food you will hear this man talk about pie. And that is all he talks about (it is a recording, so you will hear it no matter when you go). He talks about Pecan Pie, Chocolate Pie, etc and it is his southern, country voice that makes it so entertaining and the way he said Pie..it is like piiiiieeeeee. I hope some of you NC State Fair go-ers heard this while you are there.

//Food
Oh the food. That is why I go to the fair. I don't care about the rides..I want the food. Give me anything deep fried that is a sweet, Al's French Fries, Philly Cheese Steak, Corn on the Cob and peanuts. 

Why I HATE the Fair

//Rides
For the most part, I hate all the rides. I will only go on about 2 rides and then I am done..and they are always the same 2 rides. The rides just freak me out and make me sick.


//Long Lines
I hate lines and lines at the fair are the worst! Especially if you are under a ride that blows a lot of air, you freeze to death. 

//People Walking Too Slow
Why come to the fair if you are going to walk slow as molasses. Don't you know I have 5 hours left at the fair and I need to eat one of everything!?! Because you walk too slow, I have to look like I am an impatient person and weave in and out of traffic to get past you. Even though I am walking slower that my usual self, I still look like the jerk passing the slow walker.

//People Walking on Wrong Side
You know exactly what I am talking about. There is no sign saying the right or wrong way down a road in the middle of the fair, but from the very first day it becomes a pattern that if you are walking one way you stay on one side and if you are walking the opposite way you are on the opposite side. Well, I hate people who do not follow this unspoken rule- get on your own side! You are making me have to weave in out and more than I would from people just walking too slow.

Even though there are reasons I hate the fair, I have reasons I love the fair as well. I will suffer through the slow walkers and long lines to get me some of that delicious food and get in some good people watching. I can't wait for the fair next year!



2 comments :

Kelly Mock said...

The food is absolutely the best part! Yum!

willivia said...

seriously LOVE the fair. always so much fun in Utah!