Thursday, January 15, 2015

January Stitch Fix: Fix #3

Finally...my third Stitch Fix is here! I decided to hold off on my December Stitch Fix because I was worried I would spend some of the money I was supposed to be using for other peoples gifts on clothes for myself.

For the people who don't know what Stitch Fix is, let me tell you about this awesome company! Basically Stitch Fix delivers clothes right to your front door. When you sign up (use this link) you will be prompted to fill out a styling profile and picking a delivery date (you can choose how often you want your fix to come). The styling profile will include filling out your sizes, how you like your clothes to fit, and what type of outfits you like. The picture below is one of my style profiles they asked me to rate with love it, like it, don't really like it, hate it.

You then pay a $20 styling fee, which will be applied as a credit on the clothes that you do decide to keep from your shipment. Stitch Fix will send you 5 items per shipment, it will be clothing or accessories (you can specify which you would like to have, and which items you would not like to receive). Once you receive your shipment you can try on all the items in your own home, decide what you like and what you don't like. Keep what you want and send back what you don't want in a pre-paid envelope. If you keep all 5 of your items you will receive a 25% discount.



I love the fact that I can try on all the clothes sent to me at my own house and try them on with different outfits. Whenever I am shopping I am always wishing I wore different clothes to see if the shirt or pant or jewelry I am trying on will go with something in my closet. Also, you can earn credits with referrals. You only pay when you get a fix, there is no monthly fee.


Okay..let's get to the goods. Let me know what you think I should keep and what I should send back! Please excuse the way I look in these pictures - I did not feel like getting all dolled up to take these pictures and when you have to take them after a long day at work it is the last thing you want to do.

Aidan Chevron Charm Necklace - $34.00


My First Impression: It wasn't what I was expecting, but I did need some new necklaces.

Impression After Trying it On: I did not like it! It was an awkward length and fell awkward on my chest.

Status: Probably sending back.

Sonny Crew Neck Knit Top - $44.00



My First Impression: I really like the colors, and I always seem to end up buy 3/4th length shirts so this would be a great addition to my fall/winter closet.

Impression After Trying it On: It was so soft and comfortable! I liked the fit, how it was loose.

Status: Going to keep.

Filbert 3/4 Sleeve Popover Blouse - $58.00



My First Impression: I like the color, I need more red shirts for my wolfpack. 

Impression After Trying it On: I really liked the look and feel of this shirt, but I felt a little constricted when wearing it.

Status: Probably sending back.

Tracy Dot Print Cross Back Knit Top - $58.00



My First Impression: I love the color and pattern - I don't have anything in my closet this color or pattern. I also love the criss cross in the back.

Impression After Trying it On: It was really soft and I felt really comfortable in it, but like I said before I have so many 3/4th length shirts I really don't need to add another one unless I'm in love. And I really like it, but not in love with the shirt. The back was really fun though.

Status: Probably sending back.

Jaylie Skinny Jean - $148.00


My First Impression: There is no way I would spend $148.00 on a pair of pants. 

Impression After Trying it On: They fit great! And I love the wash and length, but again I can't see myself paying $148.00 for a pair of jeans when I already have so many. (I am wearing the jeans in all the above pictures.

Status: Going to send back.

Overall, I really loved my stitch fix and I think they nailed my style..I just don't need some of these things quite yet with it still being 30 degrees outside!

So now I need your help, which items do YOU think I should keep and which should I send back?

Want to check out some of my other Stitch Fix orders?
November 2014 - Fix #2
October 2014 - Fix #1

I am also participating in my first Instagram Loop Giveway!


Enter HERE



Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }

18 comments :

Life with the LaCortes said...

I have been thinking of trying stitch fix for awhile now, I think you've sold me on them! :) I love all of the outfits :) (However i'm right there with you on the price of those jeans though lol) thanks for sharing :)!

Simply Rachel said...

Oh my gosh, I've heard of this company and ALMOST tried it! I set up an account, filled out the questions, and all! lol. I think they did a great job! I'm with all your decisions minus the polka dot shirt. I love it on you! I think the back adds a nice little element of surprise, and the color really pops on your skin coloring! I would def. keep it! LOVE the jeans, too. I personally am willing to spend quite a bit on a good pair of jeans, but I understand that it's not for everyone! =)

The Life You Love said...

I always think about trying Stitch Fix, but I lack the self-control to send items back and the money to actually keep most things lol!

Ashley Stephenson said...

You totally should try it out! I love it! I also love getting a package in the mail each month! Thank you for all your feedback on the items!!

BLovedBoston said...

I love the popover blouse - it's so cute!! Sad it didn't work out for you!! Love the one you decided to keep as well! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

M said...

I love all the tops they sent you! Too bad you didn't like the necklace. It looks really cool in the photo! $148 for jeans is a bit much (unless you love them and will wear them for a zillion years)! Stitch Fix seems like a really fun way to buy clothes! =)

Stephanie said...

I love what Stitch Fix sends it's customers. Everyone gets clothes that are great for their style. Maybe one day I'll splurge and check it out for myself.

Unknown said...

I am obsessing over that necklace! I tried stitch fix over the summer, but it was too expensive for this cheap girl. haha

Kenzie Smith said...

I love the dot print cross back top -- that color looks so good on you!! I've always wanted to try Stitch Fix but the prices are a little to steep for me.

Rebecca Chapman said...

The shirt you ended up keeping was so cute! Those jeans did look really good on you but yikes...that is a lot of money!

Sara McCarty said...

I love these pieces! I kinda want that necklace and that polka dot top! You look great in everything.

Lisa D said...

Those were some nice jeans but I'm with you on not spending that much. I'm not even I could spend more than $25 on jeans haha. The shirt you chose to keep looks great!

Nina Robinson said...

Lots of cute pieces! I really love the idea of stitchfix, but I have a feeling I'd wind up keeping a bunch of stuff from the box, and still shop randomly throughout the month as well, and then have way too many clothes (which I already kinda do).

Unknown said...

Great outfits!! I love the top you decided to keep! Such a fun idea!

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

I think my fave is the popover one! too bad it didn't fit quite right. I love seeing stitch fix boxes!

Tiffany said...

I always love looking through people's fix! But to be honest I don't know that it is something I would ever do. I love looking for deals or sales, but really shop from certain stores.

Unknown said...

I have never heard of this company but thanks to your post, I am going to have to go check it out. These styles are great! Thanks for sharing

Nadine said...

I love the top that you said you wanted to keep along with the popover blouse. But I understand wanting to send it back because I cant stand stuff that makes me feel constricted or something I have to fuss with all the time.