Sunday, January 11, 2015

Getting to Know You

I wanted to share a little bit about myself. I love getting to know the people behind the blogs I read on daily basis and I felt like it was time for some share and tell!

:::Name - Age - Location:::


I go by the name I was given by my mom and dad, Ashley. I am 24 years old and have lived in Raleigh, NC since I was about 2-3 years old. Raleigh will always be my home and I don't think I could ever live anywhere else.

:::Other Half:::





Timothy and I met in 2011 at a Tim McGraw concert. He was mutual friends with one of my best friends and I am so thankful he stumbled over into our group at the concert. We have been dating a little over 3 years and got engaged on July 26, 2014 (wanna hear how he proposed, go here). He has been my best friend and my biggest supporter and I can't wait to be his wife on November 21, 2015.

:::Working It:::

 I wish I could say blogging was my only job, but unfortunately the bills have to get paid. I am an Administrative Assistant at my dad roofing company, Commercial Solutions, Inc. I answer phones, take service calls, in charge of rentals and work on the company website and advertising, pretty much I do whatever I am told.

:::Lovers of Life:::


I love spending time with my little bundle of joy - don't worry she is no longer tearing up all of her toys like this. But when I am not spending time with Bailey I am out shopping, watching Netflix or down at the gutter..which is the bar by our pond at our house.

:::Favorite Food:::

If I said a salad would you believe me? I know I wouldn't. I do love a good salad though but not as much as cheese fries or buffalo chicken pasta or pizza. I do love all these things but eat them in moderation and typically eat pretty well throughout the week..keyword "week", the weekend is another story.

:::Standard Bar Order:::




Mic Ultra and a baby guinness. What is a baby guinness you say? Well it taste just like coffee. It is Patron XO and Baileys Irish Cream. Delish.

:::Places I Shop:::

I love to shop locally and you can usually find me at one of our local boutiques in Fuquay, Cousin Couture. But I also do a lot of online shopping at various places. Lilly gets me every time, however they just had their big sale and I stayed off of their website and did not purchase one single thing.

:::Beauty Products I Can't Live Without:::

During the summer I don't know what I would do without Urban Decay Setting Spray, if I am outside and sweating I feel like my make up is just coming off but with this setting spray it refreshes my face and keeps my make up in place.

:::Bed-Time & Wake-up:::

Please do not judge...I need my sleep. I usually go to sleep around 8:30-9pm every night. Now that is the time I fall asleep, the time I get in bed varies. There have been times where Timothy and I have eaten dinner and went straight to bed...and we have no problem with it. If I could I would love to get in bed at 7pm every night but we know we with our busy schedule that just isn't in the cards for us. I get up every weekday morning at 6:20am and on the weekdays usually can't sleep past 8am. I miss the days when I could sleep in until 11-12.

:::What I Blog About:::

I literally blog about anything and everything. I am engaged so wedding stuff has consumed my blog but you can also find recipes, DIY tutorials, etc. I have a lot of fun things planned in the next coming months!

:::How I started Blogging/Why I Blog:::

When I graduated high school I wanted to be a journalist. I always loved to write and wrote for my school newspaper in high school. Well when becoming a journalist after I graduated was out of my system I missed writing. So that is why I started this blog as an outlet to get my emotions out, get some great new recipes and meet some great new people along the way!

Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }


12 comments :

Nadine said...

My dogs still tear up their toys! Haha!

How cute that you met at a Tim McGraw concert! Are you going to use one of his songs as a first dance? It seems only fitting!

Unknown said...

How do you like working for your dad? I work for my dads company.. & sometimes it can get a little difficult!! So nice getting to know you!!

Kristin O said...

Once again you have a perfect Thursty Thursday concoction here! Never head of the Baby Guinness before but it sounds DELICIOUS!! And my sleep pattern is exactly the same! I have to be in my bed at 9pm on the weeknights. If not I start to freak out about being sleepy the next day. haha. I don't always fall asleep at 9, but I need to be tucked in. lol. We need our beauty sleep. :)

msvirgogrl said...

This is a great post. I am jealous that you are able to get to bed on time. I am a night owl and if it weren't for my kids & their school, I would sleep in.

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you! I love salads myself! I wish i could have a fancy salad every day! I was extremely excited when a soup/salad place opened up 3 blocks down from my house!

Hall Around Texas said...

I loved reading this. What a fun post! Great to meet you (via our Blog Love Project Group).

Nina Robinson said...

What a fun post! Love your questions and answers. I used to want to be a journalist too. I guess blogging is a good substitute, now I just report on my own life ;)

Jess R. said...

This was great! I also love a great salad and now I really want to try a baby guinness!

Stephanie said...

Enjoy all that sleep while you can. One day you'll have a child and that all will go out the window.

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh I would love to sleep like that! I love this post though! I can't wait to get to know you more through your posts!

Unknown said...

Love this post! Thanks for sharing with us. I love salads too! If I could be in bed that early every night, I would!

Unknown said...

Hey there! I'm Kayty, my hubby & I go to bed earlier than all our family and our friends and they give us lots of grief for it lol, we just love sleeping! Glad to find someone else who enjoy it lots too!