Thursday, January 8, 2015

Post Secret #1

PostSecret has always been one of my favorite websites to visit. If you have never heard of PostSecret please visit the website - it is amazing. Basically PostSecret is a website where postcards from anonymous people have been sent in with some of their deepest and darkest secrets. Some are hilarious and some are very very serious and heart breaking, you never know what you are going to get. Every Sunday new postcards are put up on the website and I check it out every Monday when I get into work. I love reading these postcards because some of them I can relate to and it makes me feel better that someone somewhere out in the world is feeling the same way I am. So I thought I would share with you each month a couple of my favorite postcards from the website. Here are some that really touched me in January.



I think this postcard is hilarious. It reminds me of something my mom and I would have done when she turned 50. She had always joked about getting a tattoo on her butt but I knew she never would. She couldn’t handle needles and she hated my tattoos. After she found out about my first tattoo (I hid it for a year) every time I would come home she would ask “Got any more tattoos or piercings?”, I only had to say yes 4 more times.




I love this one because obviously the person was too scared to tell the other person to pick them. Before I met Timothy I was so shy and nervous to put myself out there, but I met Timothy and I put myself out there and now we are getting married next November.


This one really hits home for me. Although I do not tweet from my moms twitter I have a journal where I write to her and tell her about my life. I told her when we got engaged, she was one of the first people I told. Reading this postcard makes me feel like I am not the only one that feels like I have said way more meaningful and honest things in my journal since my mom died. It is a place where I can be completely honest and 100% true to my feelings.


I have heard so many people say it is hard to spend holidays with their in-laws. Thankfully I got a good group and I will have no problem :)


This was the first year I sent out cards, so I totally understand this now.

::: linking up with Joey and Annie :::



Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }


8 comments :

BLovedBoston said...

The one about twitter was amazing!!! I've never heard of this before but I'm off to check out that website!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

MakeMeUpMia said...

Never heard of this site, but I'm heading to check it out! I feel you on the in-laws thing! I adore mine and hate it for the people who have issues with theirs :(

East Coast Chic {Natalie} said...

Thanks for linking up with us! I love PostSecret but forgot about it actually so I need to go look at the site again. My sister has one of their original books they published.

Caitlin Elizabeth said...

I love PostSecret, especially how one person's secret can be so relatable for others... it shows that no one's as alone as they think they are!

Unknown said...

I have definitely never heard of PostSecret but it sounds awesome. That card is hilarious. Thanks for linking up with us gal!

Katie Elizabeth said...

I forgot ALL about PostSecret so thank you for the reminder! Also, I love that you keep a journal and write to your mom. Mine passed away in 2004 but I'm considering starting that now :)

Nadine said...

I have never heard about this site but how awesome!!! I am totally going to check it out right now!

Joey Hodges said...

Oh my gosh I FORGOT about post secret!!! I used to love this site years ago!!