There are tons of recipes out there for a recipe like this, I went with the easy recipe and left a few of the things out but I think next time I will try it with all the recipes. Ingredients and directions in italicized I did not use or skipped.
You will need:
1 load french bread, cut into thick slices (toasted)
1 8oz package of cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup mayo
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 lb package fully cooked frozen meatballs (thawed)
1 28oz jar pasta sauce
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Arrange bread slices in a single layer in an ungreased baking dish.
3. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, mayo and seasonings. Spread mixture over bread slices. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
4. Mix together pasta sauce and meat balls. Pour over cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese.
5. Bake uncovered for 35 minutes.
So basically I just mixed some pasta sauce with meatballs and poured it over the bread and covered it with cheese. It was still so delicious but I am curious to see what it would taste like with the cream cheese.
Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!