Tuesday, August 18, 2015

How to Exercise with a Busy Schedule


We all know life can be busy and sometimes getting into the gym or doing those last 30 crunches isn't our main priority. I don't tend to live such a busy and complex life. I have my routine and I stick to it. But when I do have a busy week I always struggle to get my workouts in and it really irritates me. I strive to be active every day. I want to either get in 30 minutes of walking or jogging a day or some sort of weight training a day and I usually am pretty successful with this. Take a look at what a typical day for me is:

5:00AM - Wake Up
5:15AM - Do cardio for about 45 minutes (walking/jogging outside with my pup) OR I will do the Bikini Body Guide 
6:00AM - Shower
7:00AM - Take the dogs out
7:20AM - Leave for work
7:45-8AM: Get to work
5PM: Leave work
5:15PM - I will either go to the gym and do cardio or I will come home and do the Bikini Body Guide, depending on what I did that morning
6:30PM - If I was at gym this is about the time I would leave.

As you can see my days stay pretty much the same. But when I do get busy it throws a wrench into all my workout plans and I lose focus. Here are some tips that will help me and others who live busy lives still exercise!

Wake Up Earlier // This was extremely hard for me at first. But now for the past 3-4 months I have been setting my alarm for 5AM and making myself get up and exercise. I just started doing this around May so I have not experienced this when it is cold out, but hopefully I will stick with it. But, I don't always get up and go outside some mornings I will do some weight exercises downstairs in my living room. Waking up earlier has really made me feel better overall, I feel accomplished in the morning and it keeps me motivated to workout in the evenings.

Watch TV while working out // If you are like me you DVR everything. I hate watching shows live time because I hate sitting through the commercials. So I have a lot of shows to catch up on and instead of just sitting on my couch with a snack to watch these shows I will grab some weights and do some exercises. Not only do you get to kill 2 birds with one stone, but when I am watching TV while I workout the workout goes by a lot faster!

Lunch Break // Think about using your lunch break as a time to get in some steps. I get an hour lunch break and that would be the perfect time for me to get in a quick little walk, I don't but it would be perfect. Take your sneakers to work and during your lunch break take a 30 minute walk each day. 

Make it a Date // This is the most important one is to schedule your workouts. If you have it in your schedule to go to the gym or go for a quick walk you will more likely do it than just thinking about it.
Make a schedule and stick to it.

How do you fit exercise in?


Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }

4 comments :

BLovedBoston said...

Waking up earlier is definitely what you have to do even though it's the hardest thing to do! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

Nadine said...

I feel like exercise is like anything else in a person's day. If you care and make it a priority....then you are going to make time for it. If all you have are excuses or "no time" then it isn't important to you. Same goes for reading, blogging, tv watcthing, anything. You know I am a fan of waking up early and getting it done!!!

Brittany@TheLadyLawyer said...

I always try to go to classes with girlfriends--that way if I make a date with them to go together I'm more likely to stick to it

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

Awesome tips girl! Oh how I struggle with getting up early, but whenever I do and work out I feel amazing and ready to take on the day :)