Friday, September 9, 2016

Some of the Best Decisions I've Ever Made

Awhile back I was doing my daily blog reading and saw that Chelsea wrote about some of her  best decisions she had ever made and I thought it was such a neat post! I agree with Chelsea, it can be very hard to get caught up in the negative things about yourself or your life, but we have to choose to be positive and focus on the good things in our lives. We can't dwell on past decisions that may not have been the best decisions we have made, but without them our lives could have ended up differently. All of our decisions shape who we are, good or bad. We have to learn to accept them and focus on the good decisions we made along the way.

So let's look back and see what were some of my good decisions!


Marrying Timothy.
The day I met Timmy I never would have thought we would be coming up on celebrating our 1 year anniversary of marriage in just a few short months! Our relationship has been a lot of ups and downs, but the decision to work on us helped us and look where we are now, couldn't be happier to spend the rest of my life with him by my side!


Adopting Bailey.
I adopted  Bailey from the SPCA on a whim one Sunday afternoon and it was the best decision of my life! Timmy and I had just spent the weekend in Myrtle Beach at my family reunion and we came back Sunday afternoon and I had the itch to go play with the dogs at our SPCA that was about 5 minutes from my apartment. We went. I saw Bailey and knew I wanted her. But of course my luck she was about to get adopted by another family and she was about to meet their other dogs. Well, Bailey doesn't get along with other dogs too well at first so she didn't end up going home with them. I met her, she ran into a glass window trying to bark at another dog and the rest is history!


Attending Meredith College.
When I was a high school junior the dream of attending Meredith came into view. I never really had a reason other than I loved the school, the atmosphere and the fact that it was 10 minutes from my house. When I moved into my freshman dorm in 2009 my college life at Meredith began. I made wonderful friends and memories I will cherish forever!


Hiking 22 miles.
Two times. All for Cystic Fibrosis. 2014 and  2015 Timmy and I hiked, along with family, hiked 22 miles at Hanging Rock, NC for my cousin Wells, who has CF. We are taking a break this year, but plan to do it in 2017!!

I can't wait to hear about some of the best decisions you have made!


Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }
(This month's advertisement)

6 comments :

Shirley said...

I have gone through the post. Its fantastic. One thing you said is very right that We have to learn to accept them and focus on the good decisions we made along the way. Best Wishes :)

Unknown said...

Ok, your dog is so cute!!! Getting married and going to university are huge things. You should be proud!

Marette F said...

This is a fun idea for a post. I will have to share my own!

Unknown said...

So cute!! Love it! XX, gracie
snappedbygracie.com

Anonymous said...

Your college and my college had the same colors!!! :D

Angela Tolsma said...

what a great post idea!! I love your decisions!! University is huge and you've chosen awesome things to be proud of!!