Monday, October 27, 2014

Monday is Back?

Sometimes I wonder where the weekend went. I feel like I was just sitting here at my desk just a few hours ago and it was Friday afternoon. This was a weekend full of friends and family and a weekend where we got to enjoy our weekend without having to pack a bag and travel somewhere. It was nice having a weekend at home..even though it was busy!

{FRIDAY}
We hit the fair. Timmy, Brittany and my sister Caroline made our way to the fair and devoured some delicious food...although, I didn't eat as much as I had planned on, I still think I ate way more than I should have.

First, Timmy and Brittany got some of the new jalapeno poppers or stuffed jalapenos and the moonshine BBQ sauce. Then, we met my grandparents at Cary Methodist to eat some ham biscuits, burgers and hot dogs. After that I was ready for something sweet. So I got a chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick. That was delicious. Then we rode a few rides, I hate rides and Caroline kept guilt tripping me into riding them with her...NEVER AGAIN. Then I got some of the delicious lemonade and by that time everyone was ready for something else to eat. So we went to the fried candy booths. This was my favorite. I got some fried cookie dough and fried oreos, Timmy got the oreos, reese's and snickers. The fried cookie dough was by far the best. Then to end the night of course I got some of Al's Fries with vinegar. I love the fair but only for the food! Read about why I love and hate the fair at the same time here.



{SATURDAY}
Timmy and I slept in somewhat this weekend, but not as late as we were hoping to, see we wanted to get our sleep because we had a big day/night ahead of us..no time for naps. Timmy and I got up and enjoyed a cup of coffee on our porch; it wasn't too hot or too cold.


Then when I realized I was sitting on a wet chair, we moved our coffee sipping inside to our screened in porch and to finish watching Wicked Tuna. Unfortunately it was not a pleasant relaxing sip your coffee type of morning. My dog (Bailey) was out there with us and then our cat (Buster) came meowing wanting some food, so of course Bailey just starts barking at her and Buster just stood there and looked. It was entertaining but very annoying.


Later Saturday afternoon we went to my friends Louie's house for him and our friend Caitlin's little boy's 2 year old birthday party. The weather was perfect and Louis could not be any cuter. 




After the birthday party, we went back to The Gutter (the bar at my house...it is way down in the backyard by the pond and my dad built a bar with TVS and 2 bars) and grilled out with some friends and spent the whole night there.





{SUNDAY}
The plan on Sunday was to be lazy and watch Netflix all day with Timmy. Well that changed on Friday night when my dad texted me and said we were going to a Masquerade Ball the next Thursday night...and I have no dress to wear. My dad's girlfriend was in town and she needed a dress too so we were on a mission to find a dress. We went EVERYWHERE and could not find a dress. We went to Vestique first, then all the stores at Cameron Village and then all the stores at North Hills and then finally went into Madison (the one at North Hills, even though we had already gone to the one at Cameron Village). We were so desperate at this point we were trying on anything and everything and what do you know, we both found a dress we LOVE. Except Stephanie wanted it in black, well the sales lady said.."Oh we have that one in black at our Cameron Village store..." So we put it on hold there, I got my dress from the North Hills Madison and then we went back to CV and what do you know the same dress I bought at the NH Madison was at CV..if we had just not been so picky from the get go we could have saved 2 hours of aimlessly walking around looking for a dress...Madison CV was the second store we went into out of about 25, no joke.
But we found a dress and I can't wait to wear it with my mask!

This is almost exactly my dress but the sleeves are a little different, and I got the same necklace to go with it

After a long day of shopping, we were hungry. So when we got back to my dads house he was started to grill out. I called Timmy said I was coming to get him (my dad lives in the neighborhood across from mine..convenient right?) and to grab our steaks. We had a feast. We had stuff jalapenos, crab legs, sausage, kabobs and steaks.

I had a blast this weekend and I thought this weekend was busy, this week and weekend are going to be even crazier! I am going to see a guy play the guitar tonight, Thursday night is the Masquerade Ball, Friday night is Halloween and then Saturday I am going wedding dress shopping!

Today I am linking up Biana and Meghan for Weekending and Lisa and Bella for Weekend Recap.



Have a great week y'all!



5 comments :

Trish said...

sounds like a great weekend! what a cute dress too!

trish - tales from ...

Kelly Mock said...

What a fun weekend! Love the cake picture! Too cute!!!

JMO said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! Fair food= the absolute BEST!!

Angie@Chasingmyhalo said...

Bailey and Buster are so cute! Have a great week ;)

VivianBishopxo said...

That sounds like fun! How exciting, I've always wanted to go to a masquerade ball!