Monday, November 10, 2014

Weekend Homecoming

Monday, we met again. I did not want to wake up this morning. For once I slept all the way through the entire night. I didn't wake up one single time which was amazing but was a little disappointing when I heard my alarm go off because sometimes it is a great feeling waking up at like 3AM and looking at the clock and knowing I still have 3 more hours to sleep but not this morning, when I woke up it was time to start my day. But I had a great weekend and spent it with great friends!

In my post on Friday I made myself a list of things I wanted to get done around the house this weekend...I didn't do too well. Oh well..there is always next weekend!
  • Hang photo ledge
  • Replace light bulb in upstairs hallway
  • Replace lights in closet (We have one of those big long ones so we have been putting off replacing it-mainly because I don't think Timothy knows what type of bulb to by- and have been rummaging through the closet in darkness)
  • Program new remote for TV in guest bedroom
  • Clean leather couch in man cave
  • Hang Curtains (Front bedroom, back bedroom, master bedroom)

Friday
Friday was a calm and relaxing night..I cleaned and then snuggled with the Fiance and watched Netflix until we both fell asleep.

Saturday
We woke up early and got ready for the State/GT game. It was NC State's homecoming and Chelsea (my friend from California) was in town and she had never really been to a college football game so I was excited she came on States homecoming. We made our way to the Student Lot and met up with one of the groomsmen and some of Timmy's other friends. We had some food and a few drinks before we went into the game. State seemed to be doing OK in the beginning but before the half they were starting to show they were still the losing team so we left before the half and went to go get lunch. We went to another one of Chelsea's favorite restaurants..again...Groucho's, but no complaints there because I am not officially obsessed. I was stuffed after all that food and went home and napped before going out downtown. I rarely go out downtown so I definitely needed a rest before then it was time to go at it again. Downtown was fun, I hate that I live so far because taxi's can be so expensive but I guess it saves us from spending money every weekend downtown.

Sunday
Sunday I showed Chelsea where we would be having our wedding reception (post to come) and talked about some ideas to do in the space. Guys I have 376 days to go until the wedding and I already have so much planned...I am on top of this! Then we went to grab a drink at the mall and go to dinner at Kanki..I have to plan that every time Chelsea comes to town we will be eating Groucho's and Kanki...every time no joke.

Now, want to see all the pictures I took..lets look at my weekend in pictures.







I hope you all have a wonderful Monday and make it through alive!

Joining Biana for Weekending
and
Lisa and Bella for Weekend Recap
and
Leeann and Kimberlee for Monday Morning Gossip



3 comments :

Ally Harding said...

I love Grouchos! I'm assuming it's the same one we have in Charleston. I always have plans to clean and organize my house over the weekend and it rarely happens!

Julia said...

Hi there, found your blog through the Monday Morning Gossip link-up! Sounds like a lovely weekend! Waking up this morning was rough for me too, so hard to get up on Mondays!

Katie Elizabeth said...

Looks like such a great weekend! Love spending my Saturdays in the fall tailgating :) And your red scarf is too cute! Hope you're surviving today!