Monday, November 3, 2014

One Item Off My To-Do List

Well this weekend I was able to check one thing off my Wedding To-Do List. I said Yes To The Dress (I will post something later this week and give you all some details about my dress)! It was a wonderful weekend spent with my family and friends.

Friday was Halloween. We didn't do much, we handed out some treats for all the kids and ate Chinese takeout. Can I tell you, I have never eaten my takeout out of the box it came in and this time I decided to and felt like one of the characters in a movie or TV show because I was sitting on my couch with the TV on, candles lit with my takeout box in my hand. It was kind of a big deal for me to not separate my food...I'm weird I don't like to mix my foods but I did this weekend and I felt pretty cool.

Okay..moving on. After I ate my takeout we went to my friends house for a little get together for Halloween. It was just a few of my best friends and it was perfect.


Saturday, I got up bright and early to begin my busy day of wedding dress shopping. We went to three places and I finally said YES TO THE DRESS at Lana Addison! It was an emotional day because my mom wasn't there and this was the first big moment in the wedding planning process. But I had taken my two grandmothers, my two sisters and my moms best friend flew in from Florida with her daughter, who is one of my sisters best friends. Although my mom wasn't there I could feel her there with me.

My two grandmothers, Melissa (my moms bff) and me

My sister Caroline and I

Both of my sisters

My two sisters and Audrey

After dress shopping I went home and thought I was going to fall right to sleep. But nope, all I could do was keep looking at the picture of me in the dress. I was so exhausted and thought I was going to be able to crash as soon as I hit the pillow but I was up until like 1am just laying in bed watching TV - I guess there was just too much excitement.

Sunday,Timothy and I were planning on going to church but there was a marathon in DT Rals and we wanted to avoid DT because it is a mess when they block roads. I can't even hardly find my way in DT when there are no roads closed, so we decided to go to Cracker Barrel and enjoy some breakfast. Then late in the afternoon we met Caroline, Audrey and Melissa at the Raleigh Convention Center for the Shopping Spree. The Shopping Spree is put on my the Jr. League and it is a huge room full of vendors with booths and it is amazing. My mom used to always have a booth there with her hand painted crafts. I was able to snag a few Christmas presents for some of my family and bought a few things for myself.

But the weekend is over now and it is back to work I go. Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

PS. As I am writing this post I am hearing a mouse...SO HAPPY MONDAY TO ME (as I slowly freak out)..I have been trying to catch this thing for weeks and have set a mouse trap and everything and can't do it. Any tips??

Linking up with Kimberlee and Leeann for Monday Morning Gossip
Biana for Weekending
Lisa and Bella for Weekend Recap

Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram } { twitter } { pinterest }

PS. Thank you all for your wonderful comments earlier when I posted this post..but I accidentally deleted the post on my feed and poof it went. I finally was able to figure out how to get it all back but I had to repost it as a new post.

4 comments :

amanda @ as the wine cork turns said...

whoohoo for finally saying yes to the dress!!!!!!!

Meghan at Champagne & Suburbs said...

I had the BEST experience at Lana Addison. I'm glad you did too! Hope you have a great week and catch that dang mouse! xo

Jess said...

Congrats on saying yes to the dress! That is such an exciting time for you!

Kimberlee said...

haha love all the PSs in this post ;) Congrats on finding a dress!! Loved that the whole gang could come with you.

Thanks for linking up with MMG :)