I really enjoyed making the cookies from scratch because it was a fun family thing to do. Hope you all enjoy!
You will need...
2 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Christmas Cookie cutouts
- First preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- In a small bowl mix flour, baking soda and baking powder together.
- In a separate larger bowl, mix together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in egg and vanilla in butter and sugar mixture bowl.
- Slowly blend in the dry ingredients from other bowl.
- On flat surface spread flour so cookie dough will not stick to surface. Also spread on rolling pin as well.
- Roll out cookie dough and use cookie cutter to make desired shapes.
- Place cookies on cookie pan and bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool before decorating with icing. After cooled, decorate and enjoy your homemade Christmas cookies!
Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!