Saturday, December 20, 2014

DIY or BUY

Now that my busy months have slowed down, I can now start focusing on some of the little details I want for the wedding. Pinterest has been wonderful for little DIY projects for a wedding, but sometimes I wonder if I should DIY or if should BUY. I think just going to a store and buying it takes all the fun out of it, so I think I am going to try and start working on some of the DIY projects I want to have for the wedding, because let's face it..if I don't start now I'll never finish them.


I think something like this would be cool sitting by one of the bars. Not sure how I would get it to stand up but I really like this idea. At first I was thinking of doing wine cork table numbers but then came across this and liked this idea way better. All I know is I will have something at my wedding that incorporates wine corks!

This is a DIY photo booth and you know what the cool part is..this was actually taken at my reception venue! I love this idea because you don't have to worry about the photo booth taking up valuable room in your venue. My venue is rather small (fits 180 people) and I would love to have a photo booth but don't want it to take up floor space. Maybe I could put a Polaroid camera or a few disposable cameras out for the guests to use there. What do you think I should do?

I think this monogram would go great at the front door at the Stockroom. This may be a DIY I try.

This seating chart would be great at my venue!

But I also love this idea for a seating chart. The only thing about this DIY is that it is a pain! When I was an intern one of the brides had a seating chart just like this and I was the one who had to put all the names in the shutters and it took me about an hour to get all the spacing just right!

Timmy and I are always at a loss of ideas when it comes to date night...maybe because we both are indecisive..well I guess just me and he always wants to do what I want to do so this will be a necessity at the wedding to help reduce some wasted time sitting on the couch talking about what we want to do for date night.

I love pearls so this would be so great at the entrances in our hallway to our venue

One thing we don't need is to come up with a hashtag. Done and Done. 
#TheChaseIsOver

I have loved this bar menu since I first saw it! 

Now let's see how many of these I actually complete!

Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }





1 comment :

Joey Hodges said...

I love these ideas! I did a lot of DIY for my wedding (well, some) and I really enjoyed it! I liked the personal touch, and I liked that it was all stuff that I could hold on to and display in our house as decor to always remind me of our special day :)