Saturday, December 6, 2014

The Ceremony Site

I have been wanting to write this post for a long time but didn't want to jinx myself and have to delete this post because I didn't get the date I wanted at the Church. But now I can announce to all my fellow readers that Timothy and I will be getting married at Edenton Street United Methodist Church and I am so excited!

We found out about a month ago that we were officially put on the ESUMC calendar for November 21, 2015 and will have our reception at the Stockroom (post) all in downtown Raleigh. It was a little worrisome having to wait to turn in your papers and think to yourself, "Did another bride turn hers in before me for the say day and time?"

Well lucky for me I have a pretty persistent grandmother. My grandparents have been members of ESUMC for about 52 years (her words on the exact number) and I have been a member since I was in the 8th grade and was confirmed there. I was baptized there, my sister was baptized there, my mother was married in the church and my mom's ashes are in the church.

This church holds a lot of special memories for me both serious memories and funny childhood memories. I don't know if many people can say they have been up in their church's steeple or that they may or may not have had one of their first kisses at church..but I can. I grew up in this church and getting married there makes that day all the more special.

Looking back at this time last year (pre-engaged) anyone could have asked me where I thought I would want to get married at and I would respond Barclay Villa, a castle in Angier NC. Never would I have said I wanted to get married at a church. It wasn't that I wasn't religious, it just never popped into my head. But after my mom died my entire outlook on how I wanted my wedding changed. I decided I wanted to get married in a Church and I decided I wanted to have a first look (post to come about why). I was a little nervous talking with Timothy about both of these because they were both things we had never discussed and I wasn't sure how he was going to react. I am not sure why I worry sometimes about what Timmy is going to say because half the time he is only trying to do things to make me happy - I don't know how I got so lucky, but he agreed with both of these ideas and we are so happy we made the decision we did to get married in the church.

The church is absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to marry my best friend there.





Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }


1 comment :

Unknown said...

Congratulations! The wedding venue looks beautiful! The best part is that it holds a lot of special memories for you.