Friday, July 24, 2015

DIY: Invitation Liners



Envelope liners are seriously the best. I love the look of them and I love how fun they are! When Timmy and I sent out our Save the Dates I lusted over the look of the glitter liners inside the envelopes. I wanted to have the glitter liners inside the envelopes...but they were expensive (and although my uncle was printing the envelopes and cards for us for free, it wasn't a necessity to have the glitter liners). So Pinterest came in handy and I found a lot of tutorials of how to make your own envelope liners. If you follow me on Instagram you saw I spent a lot of time working on making my own envelope liners. I went to the store with the intentions on buying the glitter paper to go inside, but they didn't have any and then I found the cutest book of a whole bunch of different card stock type paper. I bought it and I am obsessed with my liners now. 

You will need...


  • Paper for the liners
  • Scissors
  • Envelopes
  • Double sided tape
  • Ruler
1. Take the envelope and trace on a piece of paper (heavy weight card stock is preferable)



2. Cut from your template. After you have cut it, the paper should be the same size as the envelope. It will not fit in the envelope this size


3. To make the liner fit into the envelope cut 3/4 inch from the bottom and 1/8 inch from each side




4. Now trace this onto the papers you want to use as many envelope liners you need

5. Place the liner into the envelope, line up and make sure it is centered



6. Use the double sided tape to hold it in place







Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }
(This month's advertisement)

5 comments :

Kelly Mock said...

Cute cute! Perfect idea for my homemade valentines too! I will have to remember this!

The Southern Thing said...

Love this idea for save the dates!

Unknown said...

LOVE this DIY!

Lindsay said...

OMG this is so cute and looks wicked easy! Thanks for sharing!

Kay R. said...

Such a good idea!