Thursday, May 26, 2016

Book Review { Come Away With Me }

As you can tell by a lot of my book choices I have  read, I really enjoy the action packed books or the romantic books. This book was very different for me and I enjoyed it but it also took me like 2 weeks to read it.


Synopsis: One minute, Tegan Lawson has everything she could hope for: an adoring husband, Gabe, and a baby on the way. The next, a patch of black ice causes a devastating accident that will change her life in ways she never could have imagined.

Tegan is consumed by grief, not to mention her anger toward Gabe, who was driving on the night of the crash. But just when she thinks she's hit rock bottom, Gabe reminds her of their Jar of Spontaneity, a collection of their dream destinations and experiences, and so begins an adventure of a lifetime.

From the bustling markets of Thailand to the flavors of Italy to the ocean waves in Hawaii, Tegan and Gabe embark on a journey to escape the tragedy and search for forgiveness. But they soon learn that grief follows you no matter how far away you run, and that acceptance comes when you least expect it. 

Heartbreaking, hopeful and utterly transporting, Come Away with Me is an unforgettable debut and a luminous celebration of the strength of the human spirit.

The main reason I decided to read this book was because I wanted to read Karma Brown's next novel, coming out in July,  The Choices We Make. Like I said earlier in the post, it took me quite some time to read this book but not because it wasn't interesting or a good story but just because I am used to reading books with a epic love story, but I am trying to read books of all genres. 

This book was all about life's journeys about love and tragedy. From the beginning we could tell Gabe and Tegan had a life full of love together as they were newlyweds and starting their lives together, that is until a horrific tragedy struck them. As the readers we go on an adventure of a lifetime with the characters and learn more about them as you turn a page, but then it takes a turn some readers may have seen coming and some others, like myself, had no idea. 

I felt like I could relate a lot to Tegan, the main character, because of the grief she was facing. She holds closely to a necklace with the ashes of her loved one inside and it reminds me of the bracelet I have with my moms ashes inside; her grief hit me head on and inspired me to be stronger and face my personal grief with acceptance and ease. 

Although it wasn't my normal type of book I typically read (I really love Nicholas Sparks type books) I really enjoyed it and since I felt so close to the character I think it really showed me another side to grief. It is definitely a book I would recommend!





Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }
(This month's advertisement)

2 comments :

Chesson | Magnolia+Main said...

This sounds like a really good book! It's a little different than what I usually read too but it still sounds like one worth picking up :)

Piper Ellice said...

This sounds like a good one! I'm having a hard time getting back into a regular reading schedule post-college, but this one seems like it might hold my interest!
xoxo, www.piperellice.com