Lately Timmy and I have been in a real cooking rut; we seem to cook the same meals each week with no variety. I am not sure if it has been because I have been just lazy or just haven't found any new recipes I have been dying to try! But all that changed last week - a few weeks ago Timmy and I took the plunge and ordered our first Hello Fresh box to arrive last week! [Use that referral link on your first box and get $40 off your first order!!]
What I really loved about Hello Fresh is that all the ingredients for the meals come straight to your door. I was already in the habit of just ordering my groceries online and picking them up, but now I have it even easier - they are just delivered to my house! I mean, it can't get much better than that!
Timmy and I signed up for the Classic 3 meals per week for around $60 a week. It breaks it down to about $9,99 per meal. [Don't forget to use the referral on your first box and get it for $20! - referral link HERE].
You get to pick from about 6 recipes which ones you want to receive in your box and if you don't want any one week you can skip the week entirely. Our first week consisted of a chicken meal and 2 pastas.
Our favorite recipe of the week was the Meatabll on Top of Cavatappi - below is the recipe from Hello Fresh!
- 8 oz ground turkey
- 4 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1 lemon
- 4 oz nut-free pesto
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 oz broccoli
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup panko
- 6 oz cavatappi
- Wash & dry all produce. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Zest lemon until you have 1/2 tsp zest, then cut lemon into wedges.
- In a large bowl, mox together turkey, 1 TBSP pesto, panko and a pinch of salt and pepper until just combined. Gently shape mixture into golf-ball sized meatballs with hands - you should have about 6. TIP: Splash a little water on your hands to keep meat from sticking.
- Place meatballs on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake in over until fully cooked through and no longer pink in center, 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, add cavatappi to pot of boiling water. Cook 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, then add broccoli to pot. Continue cooking until cavatappi is al dente and broccoli is tender, about 3 minutes more. Carefully ladle out and reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water then drain. Return cavatappi and broccoli to pot.
- Add sour cream, remaining pesto and meatballs to pot. Stir to combine, adding enough pasta cooking water to create a thick sauce that coats everything.
- Divide pasta mixture between plates. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and lemon zest (to taste). Serve with lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over.
Other meals we received in our box this week were a chicken dish and another pasta dish - lasanga! If you would like me to share the recipes of these on the blog, just let me know in the comments!! They were all so delicious!
Chicken Under a Zucchini Blanket
*This was not a sponsored post, all recipes and pictures are from Hello Fresh.
Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!