Monday, December 8, 2014

Weekend Recap: Christmas Decorations Galore

It is officially Christmas time at my house. This past weekend was full of family time and getting in the Holiday spirit.

Friday night started the weekend and we did it right. My best friend Brittany just finished her first semester of Pharmacy school at Campbell and we wanted to celebrate because we have barely gotten to see her since she started school so we decided a night out with some friends was the best way to celebrate! We went to a bar and ate some delicious food and had a few adult beverages! There was also karaoke so after some of our friends sang a few songs we left and headed over to my dads house. He was have a few friends over for oysters and a fire so we stopped by and Timmy and his friend had a second dinner with some oysters then before we knew it, it was time for bed.

Saturday and Sunday were full on family time and I loved every minute of it. Saturday morning I woke up and for some reason was in this mood to get things done. So I went to the shed got all of our Christmas decorations and started putting some out. I then took all the ornaments out and laid them on our kitchen table - the plan was to get the tree that afternoon and decorate it. I also did about 4 loads of laundry and the dishes...all before 11am. That is a productive morning for me. After all my activity I finally sat down on the couch with a cup of coffee and watched some netflix before it was time to start getting ready to go to downtown Fuquay.



The night before Stephanie (my dad girlfriend) and I had made plans to go to Cousin Couture, a boutique we are both obsessed with in downtown Fuquay, to look for a dress for my Engagement party...which is Sunday! Well it turned into a whole family outting...dad, Timmy, Steph, my sister Kaylee and myself. And boy did we rack up! I found this gorgeous cobalt blue dress to wear to my engagement party. My sister and Steph even found a dress for the party too. After some shopping we went to eat at Anna's pizza and then went our separate ways. Timmy and I had thought about going to get our tree and decorate it that night but it was raining and we couldn't bring a wet tree in. We had all planned to meet back at my dads house later that night to grill out and make Christmas cookies. Making Christmas cookies from scratch is way harder than it seems! We made sugar cookies and gingerbread cookies. Recipes to come later. But they turned out great and it was such a fun tradition to start! Every year we are going to make cookies - it is a fun family time and a delicious treat! We got red and green icing, red and green sprinkles and white icing for the ginger breads. The only annoying this about the ginger bread cookies is that they had to sit for 2 hours before we could bake them. It was a long process we started at about 6 and took the last batch of cookies out of the over at 10:15pm. But it was well worth it!



We put my dad in charge of rolling out the dough.



Steph and I with our favorite cookies we had made.


And then hers broke.


Dads favorite.

Sunday was another day spent with family. Timmy and I made it to the early service of the gathering at church and got to sit with my sister Caroline and her dad. After church of course we went to Kanki for lunch and devoured as much food as we could. We dropped Caroline off at her house and it was off to get a Christmas tree. We found the perfect Christmas tree for the exact amount of cash Timmy had gotten out. Talk about lucky. We threw it in the back of the truck and headed home for an evening filled of decorating. We hung garland on our porch off of our bedroom, we hung garland on the stairwell inside, we hung wreaths on each window, put candles in each window, hung up our Santa flag and decorated the Christmas tree. While Timmy was putting up the wreaths I was putting the lights on the tree..what a frustrating experience. I was trying to move the tree and boom...the tree fell on top of me. I was slightly freaking out because it was heavy and I couldn't get it off of me at first but after the fact I thought I totally should have gotten Timmy to snap a pic. Well our house is full of decorations and the tree is lit and decorated and I love it. 




Hope you all have a fabulous Monday!
PS if you didn't already see my engagement photos check them out here!

Joining Biana for Weekending
and
Lisa and Bella for Weekend Recap
and
Leeann and Kimberlee for Monday Morning Gossip

Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }


3 comments :

Claire | Fashion + Feathers said...

Wow! You did it all this weekend :) Your cookies look great! I'm baking Christmas goodies this weekend and I can hardly wait. Happy Monday!

-Claire
www.fashionandfeathers.com

P!nky said...

What a fabulous Christmas weekend. I need to make sugar cookies!

Caitlin Elizabeth said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend! I love making homemade cookies, my mom and I do it every year!