Monday, October 13, 2014

Bring Back the Weekend


Whoever came up with the idea that the weekend only consists of two days and the work week is 5 days..is whack. Don't you wish it was the other way around? I would kill to have 5 days of weekend every week and only have to work 2 days - even if it meant working Saturday sun up to Sunday sundown. It would totally be worth it.

This weekend was pretty eventful for me. Remember last week I said I was going to get together with some girls and we were going to decorate pumpkins? Well that turned into me and the girls plus Timmy. I gave him the option of not coming but he didn't want to stay at the house and be bored so he tagged along for girls night. It would have been great to leave him at home and hang out with just the girls but at the same time I am so lucky to have found someone who can hang out with a bunch of girls while we decorate our pumpkins and be our photographer - he was a trooper Friday night.

Oh and let me tell you, decorating a pumpkin is a lot harder than it looks. And it is a long process - paint takes forever to dry. And Timmy didn't like any of our pumpkins - the whole time..Erin (far right) "yours looks like a disco ball" Brittany (middle right) "yours looks like a beach ball" Jamie (middle left) "yours look like Tarheel Carolina crap" and me (far left) "yours is just ugly and too girly to go on our porch" - he was just so supportive of our crafts Friday.


Saturday..was tailgate day and we spent the whole day at Carter Finley Stadium cheering on the Wolfpack! We had great tickets - right near the team and pretty much at 50 yard line. The game was fun until halftime and it began to rain and we decided not to go back into the game. But we continued to tailgate in the rain. I love football season and I hate that there are only 2 more home games left - hopefully I will be attending both of the games!



Sunday I went to the gym and did my final long walk (8 miles) before my 20 mile hike next weekend! You can read all about the hike here. Hope you all have a fantastic Monday!

linking up with Biana for weekend happenings!



4 comments :

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

I haven't gotten to decorate pumpkins yet maybe this weekend I can sweet talk Mark into doing some with me!

Anonymous said...

Omg pumpkin decorating IS way harder than it looks! But it's awesome you got cute pics of your finished DIY :)

Kelly Mock said...

LOVE the pumpkins!

Meghan at Champagne & Suburbs said...

Decorating my pumpkins is on my agenda for this week/weekend. By the time I get around to decorating them, it'll be too late. Looks like a fun weekend! Thanks for linking up! xo