It is cold out and nothing beats a nice hot comfort meal. Chicken Pot Pie is one of my comfort meals and I made it last week and it was delicious. I used my moms recipe which called for no vegetables! Score! I hate vegetables.
You will need...
Chicken Breasts (I used 2 large chicken breasts)
1 can of Cream of Chicken
1 can of Cream of Celery
1 cup of self-rising flour
1 cup of milk
1 stick of butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and cook in pan
- While chicken is cooking, in bowl mix together cream of chicken soup and cream of celery
- When chicken is cooked, pour into buttered dish. Pour mixture of soups over chicken.
- To make the topping - mix together butter, milk and flour and then pour over chicken as well.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
My fiance dug right into the cooked chicken pot pie before I could take a picture!