Sunday, February 15, 2015

Step Up Sunday #4

We are back  Step Up Sunday with RebekahKathy and Britt week number 4! My best friend, Brittany, and I just completed the first week of Kayle Itsines Bikini Body Guide

1. How many pounds did you gain or lose?

-0.5

2. How many inches did you gain or lose?

I am not tracking my inches. But I did get measured back in November for my wedding dress, so when it comes in I will get measured again and we shall see.

3. Your weekly exercise or step goal, and did you meet it?

I have a few weekly/monthly goals. My monthly goal of exercise is to log 60 miles in the gym each month. As of Sunday (2/8) I had logged 18.99 miles. This week my goal was to work out a total of 15 miles and I worked out 12 miles

-I also have a FitBit Flex which tracks my steps and my goal is to get 70,000 steps for the week. Last week I reached my goal for the first time and completed 77,647 steps, 

Sunday - 9,033
Monday- 5,868
Tuesday- 10,927
Wednesday- 11,810
Thursday- 10,709
Friday-  5,415
Saturday- 6,644

= 60,406

4. What was your biggest challenge this week?

I didn't really have many challenges this week. I ate my slim fasts every day during the work week with an apple or yogurt in between and went to the gym 3 days this week and began my BBG workout plan. The only challenge was the sweets around Valentine's Day.

5. What is your favorite healthy snack or meal?

I just started the slim fast powder shakes. I eat one for breakfast and one for lunch. I usually eat a healthy snack between the two (I am trying to eat my second one for lunch at about 2:30-3) so it holds me over until dinner. I drank them a few years ago and just started drinking them again. 



 

KAYLA ITSINES UPDATE:

If you have never heard of the Bikini Body Guide you should definitely check it out. Kayla Itsines is the creator and she is a great motivation! BBG focuses on circuit workouts Monday, Wednesday and Friday and then LISS (Low Intensity Steady State - same pace the entire workout and longer duration than HIIT) and HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training- 30 second intense interval followed by 30 second slow interval) and Rehabilitation (stretching). Kayla has a vast amount of followers on Instagram and the progress and transformation pictures are my favorite.


[ source ]

Basically the workout is 8 moves (2 circuits), you are given 7 minutes to do circuit 1 and 7 minutes to do circuit 2. If you finish Circuit 1 and still have 2 minutes remaining in your 7 minute time frame, begin circuit 1 again until the 7 minutes is up then you can fall to your mat during your break between circuits. 



Here is an example of one of the workouts.


For a warning to my readers, I usually don't make it to the gym on Fridays so since the BBG is a Monday, Wednesday & Friday style workout I will probably be doing Friday's workout on Thursday to make sure I get it in; or if something comes up during the week and I can't make it to the gym on one of the Circuit days I will do that workout a different day. I am also going to do cardio before each workout for at least 30 minutes and do whatever cardio I want to do on the days we don't have a circuit incorporating some LISS and HIIT workouts. 

I started the BBG on Tuesdau February 10, 2015 and aim to finish by May 15, 2015 - I gave myself an extra 2 weeks to finish it in case some weeks I can't complete all the circuits.

WEEK NUMBER ONE

Monday Tuesday Workout #1: We started on a Tuesday so we did Mondays workout - Holy cow, was that a hard workout. It focused on legs and my legs were killing me the next day. I woke up and my legs weren't hurting and I was like OK this is great, but as the day went on they were killing me. Before we did the circuit training, we got our heart rate up and did 35 minutes on the Elliptical.

Wednesday Workout #2: Started this workout with a LISS workout, walked on the treadmill with no incline for 40 minutes at a pace of 3.2. It was the most I could do anyways with my legs being so sore for the workout the day before. The BBG workout focused on Abs & Arms, with maybe 1 exercise of squatting that worked out your legs. I always played soccer in high school and that meant I had ZERO arm strength, I was a cheerleader but our school wasn't a competitive cheerleading squad so zero arm strength was needed for that as well. So let's just say I pushed myself so hard during this workout to complete the lay down push ups and the regular push ups as well as the tricep dips. Surprising my legs still hurt more than my arms do.

Friday Thursday Workout #3:  The BBG workout was a full body workout and it was optional, so Brittany and I decided we were to sore to do it so I just did some cardio. If we were able to do it on the actual days that they were assigned we might not have been as sore, remember it is a Monday-Wednesday-Friday type workout with LISS and HIIT workouts on the other days with one rest day.

*Starting next week Brittany and I are going to change up the days we do the work outs, we are going to most likely do the work outs on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday that way if there are 2 workouts incorporating the same muscles we will have a rest day between them. Example: Monday - Legs, Tuesday - Arms & Abs, Thursday - Full Body Workout. *






Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }

3 comments :

Him & Me (But Mostly Me) said...

Thanks for linking up again!!! I am wondering about the fitbit. I've heard that a lot of people have it but I'm wondering if it's worth it. I have a Samsung Galaxy phone and it counts my steps... but I'm wondering if it's worth spending the money on the FitBit? Thanks!

Rebekah @ The Straight Arrow said...

Congras on the loss this week and thank you for sharing BBG challenge and workout!

Britt Hanson said...

I've heard great things about Kayla!! I will definitely have to check her out more.