Sunday, March 8, 2015

Step Up Sunday #7

Step Up Sunday with RebekahKathy and Britt has been one of my favorite posts these past few weeks! I love keeping myself accountable! My best friend, Brittany, and I just completed the fourth week of Kayle Itsines Bikini Body Guide

1. How many pounds did you gain or lose?

-0.2

2. How many inches did you gain or lose?

I am not tracking my inches. But I did get measured back in November for my wedding dress, so when it comes in I will get measured again and we shall see.

3. Your weekly exercise or step goal, and did you meet it?

I have a few weekly/monthly goals. My monthly goal of exercise is to log 45 miles in the gym each month. As of Saturday (3/7) I had logged 11.84 miles leaving  33.16 miles left in my goal for this month. This week my goal was to work out a total of 10 miles.

-I also have a FitBit Flex which tracks my steps and my goal is to get 70,000 steps for the week. 

Sunday - 5,341
Monday- 8,008
Tuesday- 14,394
Wednesday- 11,133
Thursday- 6,780
Friday-  7,807
Saturday- 21,971

= 75,434

4. What was your biggest challenge this week?

I didn't really have many challenges. I stuck to my slim fasts and diet pretty well.

5. What is your favorite healthy snack or meal?

Cuties. They are so good and easy to eat.

6. Any advice?

If you work at a desk job or a job that has minimal activity- get up and jog in place for 1 minute every 30 minutes. I have started doing this and have enjoyed it.




KAYLA ITSINES UPDATE:

If you have never heard of the Bikini Body Guide you should definitely check it out. Kayla Itsines is the creator and she is a great motivation! BBG focuses on circuit workouts Monday, Wednesday and Friday and then LISS (Low Intensity Steady State - same pace the entire workout and longer duration than HIIT) and HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training- 30 second intense interval followed by 30 second slow interval) and Rehabilitation (stretching). Kayla has a vast amount of followers on Instagram and the progress and transformation pictures are my favorite.


source ]

Basically the workout is 8 moves (2 circuits), you are given 7 minutes to do circuit 1 and 7 minutes to do circuit 2. If you finish Circuit 1 and still have 2 minutes remaining in your 7 minute time frame, begin circuit 1 again until the 7 minutes is up then you can fall to your mat during your break between circuits. 



Here is an example of one of the workouts.


For a warning to my readers, I usually don't make it to the gym on Fridays so since the BBG is a Monday, Wednesday & Friday style workout I will probably be doing Friday's workout on Thursday to make sure I get it in; or if something comes up during the week and I can't make it to the gym on one of the Circuit days I will do that workout a different day. I am also going to do cardio before each workout for at least 30 minutes and do whatever cardio I want to do on the days we don't have a circuit incorporating some LISS and HIIT workouts. 

I started the BBG on Tuesday February 10, 2015 and aim to finish by May 15, 2015 - I gave myself an extra 2 weeks to finish it in case some weeks I can't complete all the circuits.

WEEK NUMBER FOUR

Monday Workout #1: BBG Week #4, Day 1 - LEGS. My legs are still hurting while doing the actual exercises but they aren't hurting after, so thank goodness. This day Britt and I did the BBG first and then did about a mile on the Cybex CrossTrainer.

Tuesday Workout #2: I got off work early that day so I decided to do a little extra cardio than my normal routine. I got on the treadmill and did a walk/run combo for 30 minutes - walk 1/2 mile, run 1/2 mile - I ended up running 1 mile and walking 1.18 miles. Then I moved onto my BBG workout - arms and abs - I am still having a lot of trouble doing the lay down push ups. I hate push ups and am awful at them but at least my arms aren't feeling like jello after. Then we did some more cardio - 30 minutes easy on the elliptical.

Wednesday Workout #3: Started off with a 30 minute walk on the treadmill at a 2.0 incline. We also completed the "Friday" workout for BBG...the Full Body workout. I am still having trouble with the lay down push-ups

Saturday Workout #4: All cardio day! 

After completing 1 month of the BBG, I have not seen too many changes in my physical appearance. I know we aren't doing it exactly right - we are only doing each circuit 1x per day - because we were never doing any type of weights or workouts like this - so our muscles aren't used to these type  of workouts. HOWEVER, we have decided to do things a little different. Since Week 1-4 we were only doing the circuits that were assigned for that day 1 time instead of 2 times we are going to start back at Week 1 and do them 2 times per workout until we get back to week 4. We will then start at week 5 and go through week 8 and do the circuits 1x each until we have completed the 8th week and then start back at week 5 and complete each circuit 2x - get it? We are modifying our workouts a little better to help us better get in shape and feel accomplished. With that being said the date of my completion of the BBG will not be May 15,2015 it will now be July 25, 2015 - but it will be as if we did the first Guide 2 times.

I am also not going to be updating every week about my BBG workouts anymore, but will check in monthly.






Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }

No comments :