Wednesday, September 9, 2015

#TheChaseIsOver112115

Talk about a fun weekend!! This past weekend was my bachelorette party and my girls did not disappoint!! We spent Labor Day weekend in Savannah, GA along with every other bachelorette in the South. I could not have imagined a more perfect weekend, I am so thankful for my MOH and my bridesmaids for giving me such a wonderful weekend!

Friday my MOH and I left Raleigh around 10am to start heading down to Savannah, it is about a 5 hour drive and we wanted to get there before everyone else to go grocery shopping and shower before all the other girls got there. We stocked up on plenty of snacks and alcohol for the entire weekend. We only had to go back to the grocery store one time which was right after we left because we forgot taco seasoning...in my opinion that is pretty impressive!

Once all the girls got there we decided to start cooking dinner and get ready for the night. We cooked 3 pounds of taco meat and almost all of it was eaten by 7 girls. Then we had a quick shot before the Uber arrived to take us downtown to go on the Savannah Slow Ride. If you ever visit Savannah definitely go on the Slow Ride it is so much fun. This was my second time doing it and I had just as much fun as the first time.


We went to about 4 or 5 bars and had so much fun! There was a little bit of a problem with the other girls we were riding with...they weren't peddling so we were doing most of the work. At the very end the 2 girls started peddling, but only for like 2 minutes and only because two of my girls took their bench seat :)



After the slow ride was over we headed over to Treehouse for some drinks and bar hopped a little the rest of the night! We had originally planned for a somewhat early night, but of course that wasn't going to happen. We made it home and in bed by about 2am.

Saturday morning came fairly early and everyone got up and got ready for the day. The original plan was to go to Tybee Island and have a beach day but the weather kept going back and forth of what it looked like it was going to do; so we decided to play it safe and so some shopping. Of course it turned out to be a beautiful day. We shopped and grabbed lunch and some frozen drinks at Wet Willies.


I will warn you, the place we went to lunch was in City Market and it was the cafe there and it was absolutely awful! Half of the girls didn't even eat their meals. So we went to Wild Wing Cafe to listen to some live music and so the other girls could grab something to eat.

Saturday night we got dressed up, myself in white and all the girls in hot pink! We went out to dinner at The Olde Pink House, which was absolutely amazing! But of course before dinner we had to take a selfie! You may also recognize the CHEERS banner from my ModParty post, you can find here




After dinner it was time to hit the town! We went to multiple bars that night...Wet Willies, Smiles Dueling Piano Bar, Saddle Bags and 309 West.


Saddle Bags was by far my favorite bar we went to. It was a country bar and they ended up having a band called Outshyne and I loved them!!! Then we ended the night at a club, because you know you gotta go to one!

Sunday morning came even earlier than Saturday morning did. Before all the planning began for this weekend I knew I wanted to do something special for my girls and have a photo shoot..unfortunately the only time I could really find any photographer on a holiday weekend was Sunday morning after our big night out. But, we rolled with it and I am so excited to see how the photos turned out!



For the photo shoot I had all the girls wear a bright colored top with white pants or shorts while I wore a patterned top! {POST TO COME ON PICTURES}The plan was to have all the girls wear their TEAM BRIDE pins in the photo shoot, but I forgot to have them wear them so they didn't wear them until after and I rocked my loud and crazy Bride pin I received from Peturnias and Lace!


After the photo shoot was over, we were all starving. We decided we needed grease so we went to BD Burgers and the burgers were pretty good! After we finished eating we went to River Street to do a little more shopping, but we were exhausted so we were back at the house by 2 and all napping by 2:30. We all started waking up around 5:30-6 and once again were starving. Sunday night we were staying in and cooking dinner and having a lingerie party. Leslie and I had gotten Stouffers Lasagna for dinner, but didn't pay attention to the time it took to cook frozen and realized it was going to take 2 hours and we wouldn't be eating until late. But, we had games to play and jello shots to eat!


We had a lingerie party and a guessing game of who gave me which underwear. The cards had a saying on them and from that I had to guess. I must know my friends pretty well because I got every single one of them right! They also got us a kissing game to play, kind of like pin the tail on the donkey. 

Finally it was time to eat...we had Caesar Salad, garlic bread and lasagna...it was delicious and much needed. After we ate we played some more drinking games...we played my new favorite game..Slap Cup. If you haven't played before go look up the rules right now and play it the next chance you get! 


After playing so many games we were hungry again and it was cake time! I absolutely LOVED this cake! It was perfect!!!


Then before we knew it, it was time to go home on Monday. This weekend went by way too fast and I am even more excited for the wedding now, as if I ever thought I could be more excited than I was!

Phew, if you made it to here congrats!!  To see more pictures from the weekend search #TheChaseIsOver112115 on Instagram!



Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }

7 comments :

Unknown said...

Sounds like you and your girls had quite the weekend! Enjoy this time - it's a great one! Love the outfit choices and of course the team bride t-shirts! :)

Marie said...

What a fun weekend you ladies had!! That cake is hilarious with Barbie on it.

Bethany Magnie said...

What a fun time, everyone looks so cute! I too think the Barbie cake is HILARIOUS!!!

Unknown said...

Fellow NC girl here! My husband and I went to Savannah earlier this year for a wedding and we fell in love with the place. We still have our cups from Wet Willies (is that weird?). We want to plan another trip because there is just so much to do. So glad you had a great time!

Alana Livingston said...

What a super fun bachelorette weekend!! Love the cake! Lol

Nadine said...

Sounds like you had an amazing weekend!!! The perfect balance of bar hopping, clubbing, dinner and a night with the girls playing fun games :)

Krista said...

That sounds like a fun bachelorette party! And it's so cute you got a photographer for it, wish I would have thought of that!