Friday, May 25, 2018

Get to Know the Blogger | Sunshine and Rollercoasters

Happy Friday! I hope everyone has had a wonderful week! Who else is ready for the weekend? Anyone have any fun and exciting plans? We had a busy busy weekend last weekend, so I am really hoping for some relaxation these next few days! Anyhoo, let's get on with today's post! Last week I announced on the blog that I would be launching a new series (hopefully) introducing my readers to some new bloggers! Well, last week was all about me but this week is all about Dena from  Sunshine and Rollercoasters!
So before we dive into all the blogish questions I asked Dena, let's get to know her a little bit! Dena is originally from Indiana but moved to Florida in 1999 and has lived there ever since! One of my favorite things I learned about Dena was that she is a foster mom! She has 3 children, two of which she has adopted!



What is the name of your blog and the story behind your blog name?
Sunshine and Rollercoasters is kind of a play on words. When most people hear roller coasters, they think of theme parks but I refer to roller coasters in relation foster care, parenting, weight loss, etc.. There are so many ups and downs and
sometimes you just have to hang on for dear life and try to enjoy the ride the best that you can.

Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging before blogging was “cool”, mainly as a way to connect
with other people who were interested in the same things that I am.

What is your favorite topic to blog about?
I love trying new recipes, so I share them quite often.

How do you find inspiration for blog posts?
Inspiration comes from things from my daily life, whether it is the challenges with my children or my weight loss journey. 

Do you have a favorite post from your blog?
There are several, but the opportunities to explore Florida and see new and exciting things are my favorite. I love the smiles from my kids!
Check this  post out and all the pretty Christmas Trees and all the fun Christmas activities! 

What is your favorite social media website?
I love facebook, it’s where I have made the most meaningful connections.

To take blog pictures, do you use a real camera or your camera on your phone?
I use the camera on my phone.

What is your favorite blog to read?
Oh wow, there are so many. Typically what I do is I find the posts that are of interest to me through social media and I just go off and read them.

What type of blog posts do you enjoy reading the most?
I like finding new recipes, crafts and places to visit.

What advice would you give to someone starting a new blog?
Make a plan, and just go for it! You can always change things as you go along.

What is your favorite way to spend your free time?
I love enjoying the Florida sunshine! Time at the beach, theme parks, festivals, and just exploring Florida with my family. It’s what makes me happy!

Do you have any pets? If so, what kind and what are their names?
I have a cat named Sebastian. He’s the sweetest! Usually when I’m working on my blog, he’s sitting right there by me.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
I’m pretty happy where I am, so I honestly don’t think I would choose a different place. A bigger house, yes! Different location, no.

If you could only wear one beauty product a day for the rest of your life, what product would it be?
A tinted moisturizer with SPF. I don’t like anything heavy, but I always wear some color to even out my skin tone.

Connect with Dena!
Blog |  Facebook |  Twitter |  Instagram |  Pinterest |  Bloglovin’ 


Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }

5 comments :

Marette F said...

I love finding new blogs to read and getting to know more about the blogger! I'll have to check this out out!

Unknown said...

I love reading about other bloggers!
-Alexandria

Unknown said...

Nice interview! I feel like she really knows the in's and out's (and fun) of blogging.

Gerome of G&D Blog
http://www.gdblog.net

Indya | The Small Adventurer said...

I love the use of roller coasters in this context as I instantly feel like I can relate. Not to the specific topics such as parenthood and weight loss, but to the fact that life IS a roller coaster itself, and it's full of many ups and downs. It's great to find bloggers that seem down to earth and relatable!

Laurie said...

I love that you have a series of posts that are what I will refer to as "Blog Oprah". The question and answer format is a run read and a great way to learn more about you and your interview subject.