Fall has officially started and it is time to bring out the crockpot! During the summer I don't use it as much, but during the Fall and Winter I use it all the time! A few weeks ago I cooked this delicious and so easy chicken parm and it will definitely become a regular in our household!
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- pinch of onion powder
- pinch of salt
- 2-4 slices of Texas Toast
- 1/4 teaspoon basil (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon oregeno (optional)
- Cook chicken in over or crockpot and shred.
- Preheat and bake toast according to package.
- On stove, heat tomato sauce and seasonings to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked chicken and half of the cheeses until they are melted.
- Top on a piece of toast, then cook on broil for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with basil, if desired.