Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye { 2014 } Hello { 2015 }

2014 was a crazy year - I experienced some of my most happiest moments and some of my worst moments in my life during this year. But one thing I know, during this year I found out how much family and friends really mean to me. Here is a break down of what happened (the good and the bad) during this year!


-We rang in the New Year at a local bar in Fuquay Varina with great friends and I had someone throw a pickle at me for the first time (Thanks Whitney!)



-Timothy and I enjoyed some snow time.


-We said farewell to our cousins in Greensboro and welcomed them as our cousins that now live at the beach!



-Timothy and I spent another Valentine's Day together. We enjoyed a nice dinner at Brasa Steak House. I even got a little crafty this year.



 -We got to enjoy some basketball - we were able to go to the Wake vs. State football game - both my two favorite teams.


-Got to enjoy some quality time with my 3 best friends. Paige and Chelsea flew down to Charlotte for Rachel's birthday. We spent the weekend in Charlotte eating a lot of food and going out on the town.



-We got to celebrate the marriage of the sweet couple Maura and Greg. They had a destination wedding in December and then had their reception at the Rand-Bryan House in March.



-This is one of the bad months I was telling you all about. This is the month I lost my best friend and beautiful mom.


-We celebrated Easter just like my mom would have. Go to church, have lunch and then enjoy a cookout outside. Dad went to church with me, while Timothy went with his family. Of course Dad and I enjoyed a nice beverage at the Hibernian Pub after church before we went home to start our cookout. 



-Also in April was the Triangle Beach Music Festival AKA "TBMF". This was the first year I had gone and I can't wait until next year! There were so many good beach music bands and lots of friends to surround myself with!



-My best friend,Paige, from California came. She wasn't able to come to my mom's funeral so she decided to wait a few weeks and come spend a few days with me rather than just one day. I don't know how I got blessed with such amazing friends, but I did! This was also the trip that Paige and Timmy met for the first time!!


-We did some walking for Wells to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis.



-Took the first lake trip of the year. We went with my dad, his girlfriend, my dads best friend and his girlfriend. Lots of fun :)


-Took on the first and only country concert I went to this year. Which was Luke Bryan so I am glad it was his I got to go.


-Took a trip to Wilmington, got to see my best friend while I was down there and my old boss. We went down there with my dad, sister, Timmy, dads girlfriend and her kids.  We enjoyed a nice dinner by the water at Bluewater.



-A couple of friends and I all went down to Lake Norman and enjoyed the 4th of July by the water. Lots of cooking, watching Party Down South and floating.


-Timothy and I went to Delray Beach in Florida for our 3 year anniversary. Timmy went as my boyfriend and left as my fiance! To this date it is the happiest day of my life. Next year November 21, 2015 will then be the happiest day of my life: the day I get to marry my best friend.



-Celebrated another year of my life. This August I turned 24. I had a big cookout at my house with friends and family.


-I took Timmy across the country with me. Me, Timmy and my other best friend Rachel went to California to visit our friends Paige and Chelsea. It was a trip that I will most certainly never forget. We bickered, laughed and cried. But we had a blast and I can't wait for us all to be reunited again :)



-Football season started and I got to enjoy going to a game with all my best friends. It was hot but all the memories were worth it. GO PACK!


-We celebrated another year of Timmy's life. Timmy turned 23 (yes he is younger than me). We didn't do much as we had celebrated at the State game the weekend before but we did go out to dinner with some friends and have a few drinks to celebrate his birthday!

-Timmy and I hosted Beer Olympics to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis!



-I became a godmother to this beautiful baby boy. Murphey Porter. We went down with our close family friends to Charleston for a few days and spent the weekend celebrating Murphey and his baptism.



-A group of us walked in the Breast Cancer Walk. We got shirts made and carried on the tradition of the team "50 Shades of Pink" that my mom came up with years ago.


-Enjoyed some good fall weather with good friends at a pig pickin',



-Started a new tradition and decorated pumpkins with the girls


-Enjoyed another State game with my hunny


-Timmy and I hike 22.26 miles at Hanging Rock State park in NC for Cystic Fibrosis. We hiked with 21 other hikers.


-We went to a Masquerade Ball the night before Halloween.



-I was a mouse for Halloween.




-I visited my wedding reception venue for the first time with my best friend!


-We visited Savannah, GA and rode the bicycle trolley and did a pub crawl


- We had our Engagement Photos taken



-Timothy joined my family for Thanksgiving for the first time.




-We had our engagement party hosted by my grandparents!


-I went to my 5 year high school reunion! Talk about reminiscing!

- Enjoyed some Christmas Parties!

- Celebrated Christmas multiple times with all of my family.



2014 you were not my year, so here is to 2015 being one for the books! Happy New Year's Eve and enjoy your last day of 2014!



Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }

7 comments :

Joey Hodges said...

What a massively huge year for you!!!! I think out of all of them, the picture of you guys announcing your engagement is my fave :-D

Kenzie Smith said...

Your year was definitely filled with a lot of ups. I am really sorry to hear about your mom though. That is wonderful you did so many things for cystic fibrosis! Congrats on your engagement!! How exciting :D You should link up with us for the 2014 Review Extravaganza (there is a huge giveaway too) http://www.chasingmyextraordinary.com/review-extravaganza-october-december/

Amanda said...

What a great year! Congrats on the engagement! I hope 2015 is just as great for you.

*Amanda
www.stuffamandalikes.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

It's always so much fun to look back on the year and see what fun you had. I love seeing photos from early in the year that I've forgotten about.

Unknown said...

What an amazing year you had!! Congrats on the engagement (I just started following you) Can't wait to see all your wedding planning!! I get married 10-10-15!!

Meghan at Champagne & Suburbs said...

I am so sorry about your mom in 2014, but I think you did a great job making the best of it. Your story about the David Yurman bangle still makes me cry. You will have a great year in 2015! Can't wait to see how it goes! xo

truongmuunghenhan said...

Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ vận chuyển hàng đi mỹ cũng như dịch vụ ship hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ nhận mua hộ hàng mỹ từ website nổi tiếng Mỹ là mua hàng amazon về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.