Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Stock the Bar Party Details

Earlier this week I shared that Timmy and I had a couples Stock the Bar Engagement Party with all of our friends! It was the most perfect night and I am so thankful for everyone who came! The reason we decided to have a Stock the Bar party was because we like to party. Haha, no that wasn't the reason but we do like to party, but we decided to have one because of where we live. We have a "bar" down by our pond and that is where we have our parties and we wanted to stock the bar...so we thought we could do an Engagement Stock the Bar party. Some people do Stock the Bar parties to stock the bar for their actual wedding...that was not the case here. We were stocking the bar for our personal use.



There was a bartender, there was a magician and there was a band. So let's take a look at the whole night!

INVITATIONS

So I got really lucky with these and didn't have to pay for anything but the postage for these! My uncle's company was able to print the invitations for me and they turned out just the way I wanted them! We went with the Jack Daniels style invites! We thought that would be a fun way to show our guests it was going to be a good time!



Along with the invitations I also sent a Drink Recipe Card I made. I found the design on etsy but didn't want to pay for them when I could make some almost exactly the same. I created the design and then printed them off on card stock paper and cut them to the size I wanted. I sent them to everyone...but let's be honest I only got like 6 of them back. But I did set them out for people to fill out at the party.


DECORATIONS


A few months back I posted a tutorial for a tissue paper garland, I had planned on using the one I made awhile back but I just loved it and didn't want it to get ruined, So I made another one for the party!




I also got some pretty cool decorations from etsy!



Instagram banner (tutorial soon)




These were the flowers we used- I loved the Spring time colors!


Instagram sign was my favorite! I made it and got the picture frames from the Dollar store! #TheChaseIsOver112115


This was the table where I had everything set out for people to sign and look at books. I had set out corks for people to sign and leave a little message for the future Mr. & Mrs. I left out madlibs for people to fill out, the drink recipe cards were on this table as well. The book on the left was a book I made for others to get to know the bridal party. Each page highlights one of the bridesmaids or groomsmen, tells a little about them, how they met me or Timmy and their favorite memory with one of us. The book on the right is a book that my best friends Paige, Rachel and Chelsea made Timmy and I when we got engaged...it is basically all about us!


One of my favorite signs of the night "Time to drink Champagne and dance on the table"



The mad libs.


Market Lights. These were my absolute favorite! I love the look of market lights and I am so glad we were able to get some to set up! They just made the look come together! Here you can see the band, Big Daddy Love, playing!



FOOD

Preparing food for a party is hard! Especially when you hit up Pinterest and you want to make everything you see on there!

The menu included:
Wings
Oysters
Buffalo Chicken Dip Tortilla Roll Ups (recipe coming)
Fruit Kabobs (recipe coming)
Turkey and Cheese Roll Ups
Pimento Cheese and Crackers
Pigs in a Blanket
Cookies
Chips and Salsa

This was only half the food, the other food was down in the fridge at the gutter.

Buffalo Chicken Dip Tortilla Roll Ups - these were my favorite!

Fruit Kabobs



FAVORS

For our favors I wanted to do something cheap but something everyone would enjoy. So in came Pinterest and I found a blog with cheap wedding favors! I really liked the idea of doing S'mores but while I was looking I also found these adorable watercolor tags I knew I wanted to use in some way shape or form. So I decided I would tie them around the S'mores bags!


These are the templates of the watercolor tags and I wrote each one individually.



FRIENDS

Timmy and I showing off our "Bride to Be" and "Groom to Be" koozies





Can't go a night without an onyx pic!


My wonderful MOH


Roomies from college :) (also not sure why the light reflection ended up on my face)




ENTERTAINMENT

This party was epic in my mind. We had a magician and a band. The magician was no freaking joke! He was absolutely amazing!


Let me just say if you live in the Raleigh area hire him for your next party! I have never seen a magician that has actually blown my mind! I was mind blown on 3 tricks he personally did to me!

Dollar Bill Trick

Timmy's best man Cody was sitting next to me and Joel asked him to give him a dollar out of his pocket. He asked me to sign the back of it with my first and middle initial and my last name. But I messed up and wrote my first name out and just did middle initial and wrote out my last name on the back of the dollar bill. First he moved the seal all the way to the other side of the dollar. It is still like that. Then he change the ensurer name to my whole name. AND my signature was still on the back of the dollar! That is crazy!

Name on Arm Trick

He told me to think of someone, could be anyone, and write their first and last name on the card he gave me. I wrote my mom's first name and her maiden name (I was trying to throw him off if maybe he had already knew her name). Then I folded the card up and he told me to put it in my left hand. He told me to grab his arm with my right hand and say her name over and over. When he did he started rubbing his forearm really hard and a L showed up and a D showed up. Next he said as soon as I touch your temple say the name in your head. And he said "Lauren Dilthey" and that was her name. OMG how insane.

Card Signature Trick

The last trick was an Engagement/Wedding trick he did with Timmy and I. He each told us to pick 2 cards and had us sign both of them. He put them randomly in the deck and did some tricks with them. After he did some tricks with the two cards he told Timmy to put his card face down in his hand and my card face up on his card and put my hand on top of the cards. He did some magic and when we opened our hands the cards were no longer two cards but one card - his signature on one and mine on the other! 


We also had a band! They were amazing! They travel around NC so if you are ever near a venue they are playing at you should definitely check them out!

This was only some of the alcohol that we got!


Timmy and I had an amazing night with our closest friends and can't thank them enough for coming out and celebrating our Engagement with us!


Don't miss a thing ~ Follow along!
bloglovin } { instagram }  { facebook } { twitter } { pinterest }



(This month's advertisement)

34 comments :

Jasmine @ The Jasmine Maria said...

looks like you guys had such a fun time. I love the decorations. I have never heard of a "Stock The Bar" party. Lol

Bethany Magnie said...

I've never heard of a "stock the bar" party, but me likey! Also interested in that IG tutorial as I am a total IG addict! Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

I have never heard a party like this... It is so neat! Looks like a lot of fun too.

Elise @ High Heels and Glittering Eyes said...

How fun! Love all of your creative details.

Alanna @ Alanna and Company said...

I love this idea! And you're so crafty, everything is so adorable! Hope you had a blast.

Unknown said...

This just looks amazing!!! I love it - I am envious!

Ashley Stephenson said...

Thank you! It was such a great time! I wish I could do it all over!

Ashley Stephenson said...

It was! It just went by way too fast, I spent days cooking food and all the food was gone in a few hours!

Sandy said...

Wow! What a great party! Love all the details and it looked like it was a blast!

Kristin O said...

We totally want to do a stock the bar party but we have been married for 3 years and lived in our house for 2 years now. Does it count if you don't really have anything to celebrate but to stock the bar??? haha. Maybe my husband can plan it for my birthday in August. haha.

Pamela said...

was this at your house?? amaaaazing!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast! I love your decor and the idea of stock the bar!

Yaitza Bueno said...

You are so creative, the drink idea card was genius! Food looks delish as well.. well done!

Lauren @ Genuinely Lauren said...

I saw all of your pictures on Instagram over the weekend and thought how fun it looked! There we're multiple times throughout the post that I was like "ooohhh!" "pretty!" "SO CUTE!" I'm a really big fan of your wedding hashtag as well!

Nadine said...

I love all your decor, and your food looks delicious!! Such a cute idea for a party that a couple can enjoy together :) And I love your top! It is super cute!

Anonymous said...

This looks like such fun! <3

Abby said...

I've never heard of a stock the bar party! What a great idea, especially for couples who don't necessarily need more "stuff".

Unknown said...

How beautiful! Never heard of a stock the bar party before, but seems like you did a great job.

Unknown said...

I do in-home wine tastings, and I am going to pin this post so I can steal some ideas! I love the instagram idea!!!! Thanks!

Sarah said...

What a fun party! I've never heard of a stock the bar party before, but looks like you knocked it out of the park! The decorations so cute!

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

Ummmmmmm this party looked amazing!!!!!! I seriously am saving this for future party ideas you literally thought of everything!

The Life You Love said...

I'm obsessed with everything about this party. The theme, the food, the decor, the picture of the fireball. EVERYTHING. I love that you had a joint party for you and your groom. That's what I want to eventually do as well!

Jessica said...

I love this!! I wish we had it around when I got engaged...well i guess more I wish I was apart of my planning a bit more than I was.. You are so crafty.. share your skills with me!!

Shaylee said...

Congratulations on your engagement/marriage!! You are so cute!

Lindsay said...

What a fun engagement party and such a good idea! Everything turned out great, that magician sounds amazing!

Holly Housewife said...

Lovely looks like so much fun!! It's a pinterest dream party!! :)

Earl-Leigh Designs said...

The party looks gorgeous! I love bar stocking parties...they get me even more excited for the big day. LOL

Lindsay said...

Wow!! That looks like you had so much fun and what a super cute idea!! I'm in a wedding in August so I am always looking for fun things for her big day!

Unknown said...

What a really great Engagement party, looks like a lot of fun. We just had one in January for my sister and now my cousin is engaged as well, so might be another in the near future.

Carly said...

Such a fun idea, I wish we'd had a stock the bar party!

Amanda said...

WOW! Great party! You had all the bases covered, good food, booze and entertainment! The food looked great and the favors were one of a kind! Seems that all had a great time! Thanks for sharing!

Simply Fashion TV said...

LOVE IT! Serioulsy, I love gatherings like this one. Girl, your party was seriously pintrest worthy! You got my creative side going and I just planned an entire summer backyard bbq that I now want to do... for no real reason. haha. Now, to convince my husband that it's a good idea. LOL

Unknown said...

Wow, these venues are really looking good. I am particularly looking for best party places Miami for my pre wedding party. Can you share price details and full info about few good venues here?

Ashley Stephenson said...

Venues in Florida? I am not from Florida so I would not be the person to ask. Sorry!